Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to MAN up and move to LPL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by manord
Interesting that the taxiing in MAN appears to be much higher speed than in LPL
I suspect thats down to the crew being more familiar with the layout at MAN than any policy at LPL.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
The feeder area for MAN is enormous. Moving to LPL would halve the number of pax for which the route is convenient.

Ultimately, the better option is to provide high speed train links from the provinces to LHR but that won't happen in the next 100 years...
strowger likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I remember Cambrian Airways BAC One Elevens on the LPL-LHR route. Did BA ever operate it in their own right?
BD certainly did with DC-9 s There was a service aboard as well.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by manord
Interesting that the taxiing in MAN appears to be much higher speed than in LPL
I think if they were back-tracking on a runway they are allowed to go quite a bit faster.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:54 am

There is a song by a well known Liverpudlian group that could be adapted to this

A runway hole at Ringway, Manchester has the same metre
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect you have only graced LPL during quiet times. I'm a regular at LPL, the security lines can be long, especially first thing in the morning. The departure lounge can be terribly crowded with little seating available, the catering is expensive, slow, and poor quality. When the terminal is quiet it is fine, but boarding can be confusing especially for those who use the airport infrequently with people often queuing in the wrong queue only realising when they hear the 'last call' for their flight.

The Aspire Lounge is often full, and usually quite noisy with groups of holidaymakers making the most of their entrance fee not realising just how loud their little party is.

Despite all its issues, give me MAN any day over LPL. The hours I've spent there over the years waiting to board an aircraft in the driving rain and wind, drenched and miserable as I finally get on board.
I fly from there every month or two although admittedly my flights are typically in the afternoon. I've moved a lot of my JER-MAN EZY flights to LPL this year. Very much YMMV, but this year I've never been turned away from the LPL lounge (I was once asked to come back in ten minutes but then welcomed in) whereas I've never been allowed into the MAN T1 lounge on Priority Pass.

I used BA from MAN a fair bit in the pandemic as EZY weren't running JER-MAN or JER-LPL that often but haven't been through T3 this year (though interesting to see T3 was voted I think the very worst terminal in the country whereas LPL was second best (arguably first given that the airport which was top was Doncaster, now closed).
strowger likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
A runway closed at MAN tonight causing diversions to LPL.

A permanent move for BA flights would be welcome given the state of MAN
Does LplInExitRow have the same ring though ?
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.