Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge availability at CDG just got worse

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
To Chessman- Yes, for the time being. Unless you go through security twice.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA2158
Copy of email 😊
Ah! I thought you made it up as an "artist's impression" at the type of response OP would get. Never doubted for you for a minute!
renila and BA2158 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Originally Posted by Schwann
Ah! I thought you made it up as an "artist's impression" at the type of response OP would get. Never doubted for you for a minute!
😂 I wish it was an artist’s impression
Old Oct 27, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Assume the CX lounge is closed?
Yes still closed as mentioned above.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Really, Manjit? Lounge access doesn't "form part of the price of the Club Europe fare"?

This is the kind of "just make it up as we try to dig a hole for ourselves" response.

What next will BA say isn't part of the fare because it's "complimentary" - onboard catering, front seating rows (after all, the seat is exactly the same as ET), priority boarding, priority luggage tagging, etc. - why should anyone then pay a premium for CE?
Has anyone who's been aggrieved by this issue, and gotten the usual ridiculous response from BA that "this and that service is 'complimentary' thus they're not liable for its provision even though they've sold a ticket with full expectation of that service" raise a legal claim? I'm sure it will make interesting precedent how the courts would rule, and if this could eliminate such unconscionable practice for good.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:04 pm

Paris CDG lounge

I can see AA admirals in Paris has changed opening times. It's now closing at 12:00 every day. Does anyone know if BA can access another lounge for afternoon flights? If anyone travels from CDG on BA in the weeks ahead, please report back. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
There is no other lounge available for BA passengers, given the continued closure of the CX lounge.

See here for more discussion:

Lounge availability at CDG just got worse
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by GumshoeW12; Nov 6, 2022 at 1:14 pm
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
So to BA's credit they do have lounge acesss in 2b via Extime.

I've not used the AA or Cathay lounges at CDG, as I'm normally on a *A carrier but this is better than BA's lounges at LHR.

WiFi is decent aswell 150/50 on a test I just did.

Seats, availability and layout is better than normal BA lounges. Seats have charging including USB C ports ( more lounges needs to update with this)

Pleasantly surprised as I was annoyed when I saw the change without notification from 2A>2B.

*A are using T1 now as my J Singapore Airlines flight landed into T1.

Last edited by petersjp; Dec 6, 2022 at 2:05 am
Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I would second the much improved experience at cdg terminal 2b.

On entry to france yesterday i was able to use the e-gates (uk and usa passport holders were directed through them), you then get a stamp took 2 minutes.

On return, the check in is efficient, there is fasttrack security for BA gold (via the no1 access at least) and the extime lounge is at least open in the evening and has champagne. On this basis I might suggest this thread gets closed - although I have yet to experience the passport queue on exit !

So far altogether a much better experience. I've complained a lot about the CDG experience to BA as have many others, it seems there has been a substantial improvement.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Are Silver members able to use the Extime lounge or is it just for CE pax?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by SonTech
Are Silver members able to use the Extime lounge or is it just for CE pax?
Just to answer my own question. Silver can use the Extime lounge and still take 1 guest.
firstlight likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight
I would second the much improved experience at cdg terminal 2b.

On entry to france yesterday i was able to use the e-gates (uk and usa passport holders were directed through them), you then get a stamp took 2 minutes.

On return, the check in is efficient, there is fasttrack security for BA gold (via the no1 access at least) and the extime lounge is at least open in the evening and has champagne. On this basis I might suggest this thread gets closed - although I have yet to experience the passport queue on exit !

So far altogether a much better experience. I've complained a lot about the CDG experience to BA as have many others, it seems there has been a substantial improvement.
... except on passport control. Fast track does not seem to apply here, at least when there only one border control official for schengen exit. Once the queue had grown to 200 people 3 additional border control officers appeared to handle the increasingly rebellious crowd that had gathered in the queue.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is the Cathay lounge still closed? If so, hoping this changes as China opens back up to world.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
Is the Cathay lounge still closed? If so, hoping this changes as China opens back up to world.
That part of Terminal 2 CDG (A-C) is closed, for redevelopment work. As i understand it, mainly on the security hall. Cathay has moved to Terminal 1, I think AA joined BA at 2B. I am not sure that all airlines will necesarily return to their previous homes. I also have some doubts as to whether CX will reopen their lounge.
MrPrice16 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Was in the Extime lounge yesterday. Aside from the hard to find toilets (!) the place was really good and the food and drink offerings were all good. Whilst I miss the CX lounge, this is a very good alternative - much better than the equivalent now offered in AMS...
jjLDNY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.