Lounge availability at CDG just got worse

Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Lounge availability at CDG just got worse

Received this today -Thank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

Due to on-going refurbishment at Charles de Gaulle airport (Paris), from Sunday 30 October, the American Airlines Admirals lounge will close daily at 12pm.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I'm more astonished that BA actually bothered to inform us!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
Received this today -Thank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

Due to on-going refurbishment at Charles de Gaulle airport (Paris), from Sunday 30 October, the American Airlines Admirals lounge will close daily at 12pm.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Did it say "from Sunday 30 October" to when? (i.e. how long)

Regards
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
No voucher or alternative lounge is offered?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Originally Posted by ermis177
No voucher or alternative lounge is offered?
Unlikely, You will be reminded…..

​​​​​Your feedback to British Airways
We're sorry to hear the lounge was closed when you travelled from Charles De Gaulle recently. This isn’t what you should expect of us, and we understand why you needed to complain. We’d also like to thank you for your patience while we got back to you about this.

As an airline, we certainly realise that lounges are a key benefit and that our customers value their use. Unfortunately, lounge access is not guaranteed, and this is stated on ba.com. Access to our lounges is a complimentary service, and this means that it doesn't form any part of the price of your Club Europe fare.
​​
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
That reply from BA is awfully confusing - they remind you over several sentences that lounges are a key benefit that you should expect and understand why you'd complain when access was not available, then in the last sentence it's like - haha only kidding, lounges are an optional extra we sometimes throw in for fun!
SK, renila, jib71 and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
That reply from BA is awfully confusing - they remind you over several sentences that lounges are a key benefit that you should expect and understand why you'd complain when access was not available, then in the last sentence it's like - haha only kidding, lounges are an optional extra we sometimes throw in for fun!
When I read it was literally

BA is lucky that I fly on AA a lot for work. And like the AA Flagship lounge in Miami.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BA2158
When I read it was literally

BA is lucky that I fly on AA a lot for work. And like the AA Flagship lounge in Miami.
Really? I read it as Foxtrot Oscar... just like most of their CS replies...
CHCflyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm guessing someone made that response up but it is also equally believable.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I'm guessing someone made that response up but it is also equally believable.
Copy of email 😊

Last edited by BA2158; Oct 26, 2022 at 9:22 am
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:23 am

BA lounges are overrated. They are overcrowded and you often have to grab a seat as soon as someone stands up as their dirty glasses and plates sit there. Standing room only at the BA lounge in T3 recently as people crammed in packets of crisps and small cans of coke into their bags.I gave up on the BA lounge yesterday seeing a long queue out the door and could just imagine the scrum inside.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:45 am

Really, Manjit? Lounge access doesn't "form part of the price of the Club Europe fare"?

This is the kind of "just make it up as we try to dig a hole for ourselves" response.

What next will BA say isn't part of the fare because it's "complimentary" - onboard catering, front seating rows (after all, the seat is exactly the same as ET), priority boarding, priority luggage tagging, etc. - why should anyone then pay a premium for CE?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Ok, here's another very related question. My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the same airport "refurbishment" project will require AA (and BA, I believe) to move to Terminal 2B sometime in January 2023. The Admirals Club is currently located in the little A-to-C connector building. So how is that going to work? Someone please enlighten me.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, lounge access is not guaranteed, and this is stated on ba.com
I may be thick, but I'm not able to find that anywhere on the website. I've tried the lounges page and the General Conditions of Carriage and this is nowhere to be found.
There is one line about entry being subject to capacity on this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...mation/lounges
RJD1983 and BA2158 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Ok, here's another very related question. My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the same airport "refurbishment" project will require AA (and BA, I believe) to move to Terminal 2B sometime in January 2023. The Admirals Club is currently located in the little A-to-C connector building. So how is that going to work? Someone please enlighten me.
I fly in and out of CDG weekly and have moved over to EZY out of T2B. There is a non-Schengen zone there but no Lounge facilities in it. There is a Pret A Manger, but that is your lot. There are some third party lounges in the Main Schengen zone. I find it a better terminal than 2A/C.

For those like me that have travelled this route regularly over the past 30 years you will remember the last time that BA had a serious presence there was in Satellite 5 of Terminal 1 which they quit in 2003. Since then it has been a poor effort with the notable exception of the CX years.

Last edited by Robespierre; Oct 26, 2022 at 11:42 am Reason: Adding date

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.