Wiki Posts
Search

USA lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
USA lounge access

Hello, I consider myself pretty well versed with lounge access rules for the most part. But this one had me stumped and I can’t find an answer anywhere, so over to your collective wisdom!

A family member is flying LHR-JFK in Club world with a same booking connection to MIA on AA in Y. My question is can they access the AA/Oneworld lounge in JFK based on their arrival ticket being business? I know domestic US lounge access rules can be a bit restrictive so I’d be interested to hear!

thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Atlantic 101
Hello, I consider myself pretty well versed with lounge access rules for the most part. But this one had me stumped and I can’t find an answer anywhere, so over to your collective wisdom!

A family member is flying LHR-JFK in Club world with a same booking connection to MIA on AA in Y. My question is can they access the AA/Oneworld lounge in JFK based on their arrival ticket being business? I know domestic US lounge access rules can be a bit restrictive so I’d be interested to hear!

thanks!
Yes. From oneworld.com:
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
    • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
    • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
​​​​​​​
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
jerry a. laska Thank you so much! Really appreciate the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.