Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should I give up asking for my missing TP and avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

After now 7 months of repeatedly asking for a review of 3 different segments where a “trip in vain” occurred on American Airlines, and no response since from our contact here, I think I’m close to giving up claiming 440 points.

What other options, if any, would I have?

The other frustrating point is that my Hilton status hasn’t upgraded since my February GGL qualification. Just got a message to now call Hilton myself.

What is the correct way to have status upgraded on Hilton once we hit GGL?

I’m happy to go the proper channels, but I feel like I’m hitting dead end after dead end after 4-8 weeks of even waiting for a response from BA every time.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not sure about the points, but I think BA has to send something to Hilton for the status - I had to call the GGL line to get that done.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Caught up in the Comair collapse, I have asked for ORC for flights I had to rebook onto Airlink as I could not get to talk to anyone at BA. Their multiple responses keep repeating that Comair is not their problem and I should write to the Comair Liquidators or contact CEDR if I am unhappy.

BA have some disgracefully incompetent staff in Customer Services who either deliberately or otherwise don't read and don't answer customer communication. Or worse, they have a management culture telling them to act that way.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Not sure about the points, but I think BA has to send something to Hilton for the status - I had to call the GGL line to get that done.
Been calling and getting the run around for months. Now this morning:

“Upon checking with our team we confirm that you have received the correct amount of Tier Points for their flights in your executive club account. For this you will have to contact Hilton regarding your Hilton status.”
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you sent in an email via the GGL priority address with the boarding passes and relevant details? My personal experience is that the longest I have had to wait for this to do the necessary was 5 days, and that was over a Bank Holiday weekend, 3 days is the usual.

See post 29 here:
Missing Tier Points - Who Can Help?
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Have you sent in an email via the GGL priority address with the boarding passes and relevant details? My personal experience is that the longest I have had to wait for this to do the necessary was 5 days, and that was over a Bank Holiday weekend, 3 days is the usual.

See post 29 here:
Missing Tier Points - Who Can Help?
Would you mind PMing me the address? I’ve asked multiple times for this email address and been told it doesn’t even exist.

for months I was told there was no GGL line for Canada. Finally got it only a month ago.

I’ll check out the post and see if I want to continue my pursuit of these points.

Thanks everyone
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 47Chits
After now 7 months of repeatedly asking for a review of 3 different segments where a “trip in vain” occurred on American Airlines, and no response since from our contact here, I think I’m close to giving up claiming 440 points.
If it was a 'trip in vain', dd you receive a full refund? If you received a full refund I'm not sure you would be entitled to tier points for sectors not flown. Would you clarify please?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:19 am
Original Poster

No refund, and AA would be willing to credit the trip but I have to use the credits in the next 8 weeks due to it being a credit from another trip. Would rather have the points, and not fly again in this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.