Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get to silver?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zavvi285
but my year end is 8/11 - and NZ trip is outside of that. I get back on 27/12. I couild only afford econ as only booked last week and cost me ££££'s. So only get 310 tier points, and the flights back are on Qatar not BA.
ok makes sense you want to keep/achieve silver before the NZ trip then, for priority check in / lounge / seat selection etc.
Check prices for LON-SOF trips in CE.
It would probably be better for you to not make silver before 8 Nov, then after that book 3 trips to get 480 TPs.
As above, that way you'll be silver for another 24+ months. If you do your 2 trips before 8th November you'll only get it for 12+ months. (If you think you'll comfortable make silver anyway with NZ + other trips then don't worry too much).
If you book 2 bookings 'nested' - LHR-SOF-LHR & SOF-LHR-SOF on two dates you can get away with doing B2Bs so only 2 days of travel in total and minimal time at SOF. There's a lot of detail in other thread re this.
Zavvi285 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danmushman
ok makes sense you want to keep/achieve silver before the NZ trip then, for priority check in / lounge / seat selection etc.
Check prices for LON-SOF trips in CE.
It would probably be better for you to not make silver before 8 Nov, then after that book 3 trips to get 480 TPs.
As above, that way you'll be silver for another 24+ months. If you do your 2 trips before 8th November you'll only get it for 12+ months. (If you think you'll comfortable make silver anyway with NZ + other trips then don't worry too much).
If you book 2 bookings 'nested' - LHR-SOF-LHR & SOF-LHR-SOF on two dates you can get away with doing B2Bs so only 2 days of travel in total and minimal time at SOF. There's a lot of detail in other thread re this.
I have my silver until the end of the year - so it's all good for the trip in December. Just would like to have it into next year too!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

so, with 310 TP from my trip to NZ - one CE trip before the 31/12 to a 160 TP destination, such as SOF will get me to 470 - which is enough isn't it? I may not have the number of flights needed - would LON-SIN-SYD count as two?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
so, with 310 TP from my trip to NZ - one CE trip before the 31/12 to a 160 TP destination, such as SOF will get me to 470 - which is enough isn't it? I may not have the number of flights needed - would LON-SIN-SYD count as two?
Yep.... Just 450 before 31st Dec will re-qualify
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

final question - if I do this, how easy is it to get back on the same plane you flew out on? Do I have to do security etc?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:27 pm

final question - if I do this, how easy is it to get back on the same plane you flew out on? Do I have to do security etc?
specifically sofia will be same plane and you exit into the boarding area so no security/immigration etc
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danmushman
specifically sofia will be same plane and you exit into the boarding area so no security/immigration etc
perfect - thanks.
Now just fighting with ITA to try and find a flight -
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:54 pm

perfect - thanks.
Now just fighting with ITA to try and find a flight -
you may need to do separate bookings as the MCT is probably below the minimum allowed
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
The problem with doing a single B2B is that you cant book it as a return and 2 one-ways is likely to relatively expensive - although in terms of your 'easiest' question, 2 one-ways would do it. The cheapest I can see on google flights at the moment is 2 singles on 7 Dec for about £300 total.

For a smidge more, you could nest an economy return (SOF-LHR-SOF) inside a club return (LHR-SOF-LHR) which would also guarantee the 4 flights eg 22/29 Nov.

Or, keep it in UK, and nest LHR-ABZ and ABZ-LHR returns eg over 2 weekend days on 19/20 Nov.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Ok. I’ve booked a return to Dublin in Biz for after 8/11, and will book another Uk flight before Dec 31. So with 80 x 2, plus the 310 I will get from the NZ trip, I get to 470 at 31/12. So with the info above about 450 being enough, then I will get there then? And get almost two years membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.