Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Odd - BA flights posted with Avios but no TPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

As per my last thread, I did a quick LCY-DUB-LHR trip because although I had the required 300 TPs to retain silver, I needed 2 more qualifying flights.

They posted, a few days after my year end, but with the correct flight date (which was on the 7th), and the correct Avios. But whereas I was expecting to get 10TPs each way, they have posted with zero. For clarity, these were N class, 125- ticketed flights booked directly through the BA app.

Now it's not as though 20TPs makes a whole lot of difference to me - they weren't relevant for requalification and would have been reset the next day anyway. But it would have been nice to have had them added to my lifetime total.

I suppose the question is - is this actually odd or indicative of a problem (my silver requalification still isn't showing, but it's only a week since my year end)? Or is this just typical BA IT in action, happens a lot, and I should just sit tight and it will all sort itself out?

If anyone else has successfully requalified with the bare minimum 300TPs and 4 flights, would be interested to know how quickly that got confirmed after year-end...
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Was the booking amended between the original booking and travel? If so the keywords may have dropped out. It does happen, and it won't self correct. So either ring BAEC or use Chat to get it corrected. If it was on Aer Lingus prime code it may be the correct amount.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Was the booking amended between the original booking and travel? If so the keywords may have dropped out. It does happen, and it won't self correct. So either ring BAEC or use Chat to get it corrected. If it was on Aer Lingus prime code it may be the correct amount.
Thanks CWS, it was as simple a booking as possible - cash, no amendments, not touched in any way from the point of booking. All done on BA metal via the BA app.

Sounds like I need to gird my loins and try and get in touch then...
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Am I right in assuming that your flight was the 7th and your year end was the 8th? So when the points posted you had avios but not tier points? Did you notice if your lifetime tier points had increased by 20 points?

The other Mr wijibintheair had a flight that was flown before year end but the awarding of points was post year end. The tier points showed as 0 (although his lifetime tier points increased by the correct amount) - and our assumption was that it had something to do with posting on a date after the collection year had ended so effectively although the points were earned - as they were earned in the previous collection year they were then simply reflected as a 0 because the counter had been reset.

I hope that makes sense, and just my thoughts as to a possible reason.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Am I right in assuming that your flight was the 7th and your year end was the 8th? So when the points posted you had avios but not tier points? Did you notice if your lifetime tier points had increased by 20 points?

The other Mr wijibintheair had a flight that was flown before year end but the awarding of points was post year end. The tier points showed as 0 (although his lifetime tier points increased by the correct amount) - and our assumption was that it had something to do with posting on a date after the collection year had ended so effectively although the points were earned - as they were earned in the previous collection year they were then simply reflected as a 0 because the counter had been reset.

I hope that makes sense, and just my thoughts as to a possible reason.
Spot on! I never noticed that my lifetime TPs had gone up, but that's exactly what has happened here. As a data geek, it grates a bit that they didn't bother to reflect it accurately in my statement but I guess BAs IT isn't capable of adjusting the year end reset amount if flights are posted afterwards, so it's just 'easier' for them to post with 0TPs

So now I just wait and hope that my requalification goes through without a hitch...
wijibintheair and Bluekjp like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Just curious, and possibly I've misunderstood, but how do you requalify for Silver with 300 TPs?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SimonAB
Just curious, and possibly I've misunderstood, but how do you requalify for Silver with 300 TPs?
See the wiki here (limited to July-September 2022 renewals):
FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Whilst for anyone looking to climb up from Blue there are lower thresholds required, for a period there is/was a reduced threshold for Silvers to re-qualify
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, was only aware of the 25% reduction, which I hope to take advantage of. Apologies for pulling the thread off topic.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks, was only aware of the 25% reduction, which I hope to take advantage of. Apologies for pulling the thread off topic.
Frankly it's all a bit confusing! I can now requalify for yet another year with 450TPs, as long as I get them before the end of December. Not sure if it will happen that way, but I should manage 600 before next September, especially with the BA Hols promotion extended.

And that's assuming there aren't any more changes to the rules...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.