Wiki Posts
Search

BA Operational Upgrade to F Mid Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Boarding by ticket price then?

Originally Posted by golfmad
We've had these kinds of discussions before and you really need to try to put thoughts of other people out of your mind. You received the service for which your company paid. The fact that someone else received something for free shouldn't detract from that. And remember, people on aircraft in the same cabin as you probably spent wildly differing sums of money for the same seat and services. It's just that we're not aware of those figures when we take up our seats. Wouldn't it be fun if every seat has a price ticket on it.
Boarding by ticket class ie within economy, premium, business and first if there is a distinction in first.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by testycal
Boarding by ticket class ie within economy, premium, business and first if there is a distinction in first.
Does the person with a full fare Y ticket board earlier than someone with a lower cost I class business ticket? Could be interesting but won't appeal to the tier point runners. There would be uproar
mrow likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Sep 15, 2022 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Nicely done!

I was once operationally moved to F……..10 minutes from landing.

My J seat was stuck in the flat position, somehow I had jammed it (if I had known of the consequences, I would have done 10 mins from take off!) and the crew couldn’t fix it so I had to sit in F for the landing.
And it was my birthday as well 😅
VSLover and Delboy65 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I was once in WTP with a spare seat next to me. 3 hours in they upgraded 6 or 7 people to the WTP cabin. When I went back to toilet there was a baby screaming lungs out at front of WT and apparently the mother had tried every trick in book but the baby didn't want to stop. While a pain to lose extra space, the crew did the right thing and gave some people a bit of respite and also the mother a bit of extra space to get the baby down and calm. Common sense prevailed. Having benefited a couple of times from op ups, I'd be a hypocrite to question other people getting to same fortune
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Not BA, but struck lucky with a mid-air upgrade on a recent late night JFK-LHR on VS when, whilst sat in Premium eating my PE dinner, the CSM approached me and said that he’d made a bed up for me in Upper Class and invited me to move there for the rest of the flight once I had finished eating, an offer I duly took advantage of.

I’m VS Gold, but only through a Status Match from BA and not via, you know, actual flying effort (#impostorsyndrome) so I can only assume that any other Golds on that flight were already safely ensconced up front and I was the only one ‘slumming it’ in PE

My Brother-in-Law, a lowly Blue, also got upgraded from WTP to Club on a YUL-LHR BA flight recently for reasons unknown (though probably IFE-related). His wife and kid who were travelling with him - not so much!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Wish that had happened on my BA49 last month. Was in a paid J ticket. Video screen wasn’t usable. Got moved to a second seat that didn’t recline. Got moved to a third seat that didn’t have any power.

Cabin crew suggested I move amongst those three seats depending on what I wanted to do.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

To bad the upgrade came AFTER lunch.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by david55
To bad the upgrade came AFTER lunch.
Isn't BA F still dine on demand? OP could have requested a second lunch at some point. I know I would have tried.
81romeo likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've had this before, I was actually op-uped at gate to WTP from WT. Then about 2 hours into the flight, someone else in WTP was complaining about their seat (didn't fully understand the problem, maybe IFE) and I was asked if I wanted to be reseated upstairs in J and the complainer in WTP was moved to my WTP seat.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The attitude of the customers with the seats with no IFE maybe a reason?
I've had a problem with IFE before, and knowing there were no other J seats available, was very polite when raising it to the IFM, got discreetly moved into F cabin shortly after takeoff.

Not full F-service as it was a 789 operating a 788 route, so it was more a FLUB upgrade, but a bit of politeness and understanding helped.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by TPRun
Nicely done!

I was once operationally moved to F……..10 minutes from landing.

My J seat was stuck in the flat position, somehow I had jammed it (if I had known of the consequences, I would have done 10 mins from take off!) and the crew couldn’t fix it so I had to sit in F for the landing.
And it was my birthday as well 😅
How many glasses of LPGS did you manage in 10 mins? 😂😂😂
scolbath likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by krispy84
How many glasses of LPGS did you manage in 10 mins? 😂😂😂
haha I didn't even have time to use the dimmer lighting!
krispy84 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:46 am

It's amazing how few passengers realize that treating airline employees well increases your chances of an upgrade.

Several years ago, I was flying MSP-DTW on DL. A bad snowstorm in MSP was causing lots of flight delays and, because it was the day before a holiday, many of the 1x year flyers were being nasty to the gate agents.

When it was my turn to be rebooked, I was nice to the gate agent, and told her it was a shame other passengers were blaming the delays on her, not the snowstorm. 15 minutes before departure, she came to me with a new boarding pass in Economy Comfort. When I thanked her, she said "this flight is oversold in the back and empty in the front so I have to upgrade people....and I'm upgrading the people I like!"
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
Isn't BA F still dine on demand? OP could have requested a second lunch at some point. I know I would have tried.
I have been wondering that. My F flights this year - they haven't asked the time I would like to dine.

That's not to say I couldn't have requested it, but I noticed that they are no longer as proactive about asking me the most suitable time as they were a few years back.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:30 am

Happened to me once on VS in PE - a guy's seat wasn't reclining and he was being a real pain in the *** for the CC insisting he should be moved to Upper. The cabin manager proceeded to move me as a valued GC holder and gave him my seat. Priceless 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.