Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ba.com 2 factor identification? Or hack?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:37 am
Original Poster

ba.com 2 factor identification? Or hack?

I jus tried to log in to my account, entered my details correctly and received an unusual message telling me that I needed to reset my password to verify my identity, and that I would also need to enter a code sent by email or text. When I chose text and proceed I then get the following error message:

! Sorry we can't send you a code at the moment due to an error with our systems

Is this just yet another ba.com omnishambles or have I/they been hacked!?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I had no issue logging in using Firefox
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I had no issue logging in using Firefox
Just tried it with Firefox and exact same issue.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
A couple of people the other day mentioned they had been temporarily blocked out and needed to change passwords. It last happend to me personally about a year or so ago.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I had something similar on gmail on the iphone this morning.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No problem for me logging in just now. However there were some posts a few days ago in this forum from people asked to re-set their passwords.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No problem for me logging in just now. However there were some posts a few days ago in this forum from people asked to re-set their passwords.
Yes but when I try to do that I get the error message re the 2 factor code. Classic.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I mean, following my post, I did make a suggestion to BA that they improve their security by allowing longer passwords than just 20 characters and implement multi factor authentication.

Maybe they actually did so, but failed to implement a working solution? I mean, it's not like BA to implement something that doesn't work, right?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I was asked to change my password yesterday too. Code came through on the phone and email fine, but was fairly amused that I was able to put the same password again as my 'new' one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.