Wiki Posts
Search

First time in F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
First time in F

Flying with my wife LHR-ORD on Tuesday at 10:25. First time in F, very excited. Have looked at other similar posts, but no recent ones. What hints and tips to maximise the experience? Staying at hotel right by T5, so will be able to get to Concorde room early.
RockyRobin and AnaTravel like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Go nice & early & enjoy Breakfast in the CCR, and some nice drinks. (I did this route a few weeks ago, it went from C gates, so factor in time to get to the C gates)
bluegartons and RockyRobin like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:05 am

How exciting! As said, get there nice and early, savour the First Wing experience and plaster the smile on your face for the entire journey. Enjoy.
bluegartons likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:09 am

We did our first first in June. Biggest tip is to tell the crew it’s your first time. Our crew members were amazing, and made sure it was an experience we’d never forget!
bluegartons and Tredders like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Which hotel are you staying at? Sofitel is the only one attached to T5 so if you want to maximise lounge time and minimise hassle this is your best bet. Despite the name, any other hotels with T5 in their name (including the Hilton) are not attached to the hotel and so if you're booked in one of these it's best to organise a car for the morning to minimise hassle to the airport. Although I think the Hilton T5 is a lovely hotel, it's actually across the border in Slough so if you're not familiar with it then it's a bit fiddly to get to. The terminal 4 hotels (Hilton, Premier Inn, Crowne Plaza) are actually easier IMO to get to T5 (hint: there's a regular TfL bus service that runs from outside these hotels), but for your first F experience I'd not mess about with public transport in the morning and book a car.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Enjoy the flight. The CCR is nice, but it's not like the CX F lounge in HK or so - you want to have been there, have breakfast - but it's not the place you really want to hang out for for hours
vbh812 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I think that will be an A380 which is a nice spacious F.
bluegartons likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by bluegartons
Flying with my wife LHR-ORD on Tuesday at 10:25. First time in F, very excited. Have looked at other similar posts, but no recent ones. What hints and tips to maximise the experience? Staying at hotel right by T5, so will be able to get to Concorde room early.
If it is your first time in the CCR, then get there nice and early! Happily spend a few hours there, no problems. Lovely and relaxing before your flight.

Only tip I can think of, is get there early, in case the CCR gets busy. It can in the mornings sometimes.

Enjoy!

Edited. Corrected spelling, !!
Grande Annee and bluegartons like this.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Sep 11, 2022 at 11:29 am
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:58 am

If it's your first time in F, then you want to make sure you wake up very hungry, because you'll be very full by the end of the day

Enjoy
bluegartons and wfiring12 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
First wing, CCR and basically everything will be amazing for your first time. I've flown first on about 10 flights and I still love it. remember to leave space in your bag to put your pyjamas which are fairly decent now and the wash bag. I've never had a bad First flight.

Food and Drink is really good onboard in my opinion. If there is anything you want, just ask for it. It's likely they'll be able to get it for you if they can. My wife ate about 3 bags of popcorn on our last flight whilst watching films, see just kept asking for them, and they kept arriving. I had the same treatment with a very nice French Red Wine, which after about the 5 glass, I had to go find some water to drink before I forgot the rest of the flight!

Have fun.
bluegartons likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:10 am

You’ll love it but I hope you’re not planning to drive when you arrive as you’ll be in no fit state (assuming you do drink alcohol). After his port Mr S asked if he could have just a taster of the whisky as it wasn’t one he had tried before and they gave him half a tumbler!
Have fun.
bluegartons likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Other advice I would give is (if you drink) pace yourself. Starting early in the morning is fun, but you may find by a couple of hours into the flight you're feeling groggy already if you drink too much. I try to go at a leisurely pace so I can enjoy some drinks onboard. Love sipping a nice glass of wine while looking out of the window at Labrador.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
Which hotel are you staying at? Sofitel is the only one attached to T5 so if you want to maximise lounge time and minimise hassle this is your best bet. Despite the name, any other hotels with T5 in their name (including the Hilton) are not attached to the hotel and so if you're booked in one of these it's best to organise a car for the morning to minimise hassle to the airport. Although I think the Hilton T5 is a lovely hotel, it's actually across the border in Slough so if you're not familiar with it then it's a bit fiddly to get to. The terminal 4 hotels (Hilton, Premier Inn, Crowne Plaza) are actually easier IMO to get to T5 (hint: there's a regular TfL bus service that runs from outside these hotels), but for your first F experience I'd not mess about with public transport in the morning and book a car.
We are at the Thistle which is right by the pod system, so we were thinking to get that first thing.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Taking the L - got a downtown hotel for first night.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by bluegartons
We are at the Thistle which is right by the pod system, so we were thinking to get that first thing.
I think you’re stalking us! We are on the same flight 12th October staying at the same hotel (wanted to notch the pods).

Whilst it will be our 2nd First flight it will be our first from LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.