Wiki Posts
Search

QR Seat selection via BA.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Roughneck57
My ticket class is (I) on the way out and (R) on the way back, and I am Gold. The BA MMB still comes up with that error message for the QR flights when I hit change seat and I booked a couple of months ago Seat selection on the Qatar site was free, but that may or may not be because of my status.
Thank you .. at least the problem with link from BA MMB remains
Spoke with very helpful BA lady (guessing in an Indian call centre) but she did stress i needed to contact QR as they are the Operating Carrier
Called again to the UK number on the QR UK website and spoke to a gentleman who was very patient but ...

we are both now in seats 2A and 3A on both legs from/to DOHA<>HKT

After a bad enough day doing the day job, can now sleep better knowing have an individual window seat rather than sat next to the OH on x2 7hr flights

my luck will be ... there'll be a change of aircraft before then lol
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thank you but that goes against the grain of previous thoughts on this and others threads
1. the fare type on my BA eTicket matches that on QR MMB (I Class) - see below
2. I class does allow free seat selection on QR from the time of booking -= see the table in earlier post
I'm sorry but you're completely missing the point I was making, perhaps I wasn't being entirely clear, so allow me to explain.
The table you keep referring to is only applicable to 157 QR tickets with QR prime flight numbers. "Fare Families" (which is what QR calls them), ie. Lite, Comfort, Classic etc and their associated benefits (or lack of) are therefore only applicable to 157 tickets.

Your ticket is a 125 BA ticket and in addition it is a BA codeshare. That table does not mean anything in your scenario, ie. your BA 125 issued, BA codeshare "I" class ticket ≠ QR Business Comfort Fare Family, hence whatever benefits are listed in that table are not necessarily applicable to you (don't worry you'll still definitely get Al Mourjan lounge access though). It is highly possible that QR does not allow free seat selection (like BA doesn't on its own services) for non-Sapphire/Emerald status passengers, irrespective of the ticket fare class, if the ticket isn't QR issued.

See the following links for your reference:
https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...ther-airlines-
https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...Qatar-Airways-

If tweeting QR does not yield a result in terms of seat selection for free, then I believe you won't be able to. You might get lucky with another QR phone agent, however, as you've experienced, their usual standard answer with codeshare tickets is to call the issuing carrier. Even on their own 157 tickets, QR agents themselves are often unsuccessful in being able to select seats, particularly on QSuite flights (which I know yours isn't, as of now). All the best.
Delboy65 likes this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Sep 7, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thank you .. at least the problem with link from BA MMB remains
Spoke with very helpful BA lady (guessing in an Indian call centre) but she did stress i needed to contact QR as they are the Operating Carrier
Called again to the UK number on the QR UK website and spoke to a gentleman who was very patient but ...

we are both now in seats 2A and 3A on both legs from/to DOHA<>HKT

After a bad enough day doing the day job, can now sleep better knowing have an individual window seat rather than sat next to the OH on x2 7hr flights

my luck will be ... there'll be a change of aircraft before then lol
Just off this flight couple of days ago. Don’t think all the days I’ve checked it it has changed from the 22J 788
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Just off this flight couple of days ago. Don’t think all the days I’ve checked it it has changed from the 22J 788
We lucked into a 789 on that flight in late July, but I didn't see any swaps before that either - returned on the 788. That early Super Diamond config feels very open these days!

Never had any issues assigning seats on the QR site or App, but I was Silver throughout.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
We lucked into a 789 on that flight in late July, but I didn't see any swaps before that either - returned on the 788. That early Super Diamond config feels very open these days!

Never had any issues assigning seats on the QR site or App, but I was Silver throughout.
Lucky! I agree it's a very open cabin, plus no bulkhead means whilst the aircraft was loading up in 36C DOH all the warm air was pumping into the cabin. There was an aircon on the stairs, but it wasn't on!

Overall found the 777 Club Suite far nice cabins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.