QR Seat selection via BA.com

Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
QR Seat selection via BA.com

Have booked a BAH package that includes flights, in biz, on QR
Being just bronze at moment cannot select seats on the BA flights, MMB offers to send me to the QR page to book those seats - however get following error

it has been 3 midnight's/ over 63hrs since booking so wanted to ask the experience of other users of how long after booking should be able to book seats on QR via ba.com?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:19 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Have booked a BAH package that includes flights, in biz, on QR
Being just bronze at moment cannot select seats on the BA flights, MMB offers to send me to the QR page to book those seats - however get following error

it has been 3 midnight's/ over 63hrs since booking so wanted to ask the experience of other users of how long after booking should be able to book seats on QR via ba.com?
Try the MH or RJ App.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: GGLfL
Just put the BA booking reference into QR MMB and it may show a (limited) selection of seats available to select (no Q-suites pairs/quads). Alternatively go to RAM/Malaysian to do the same (or RJ - although RJ won't show available seats, it will confirm if you chose seats that are available) or go to CX to select "window" or "aisle" and see what it randomly gives you.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:48 am
Original Poster

To go through MMB on those other airlines does one need to have an account/be signed in?
or simply enter the BA ref
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:05 am
formerly JackDann

To go through MMB on those other airlines does one need to have an account/be signed in?
or simply enter the BA ref
BA Ref should work fine, good luck.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Should be almost straight away - download the QR app and add the BA reference and then it will sit in your trips and you'll be able to modify seating etc
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:05 am
Original Poster

@JD1905 and @MikeFly
Many thanks
Found QR MMB, entered Booking Ref and surname and booking came up.
Could see the Booking Class is I
Went to seating and found
i) no seats assigned yet for either of us
ii) it would let me choose seats but would cost me 48 and hers would have cost me 59

Did the same on MH MMB but this time was unable to select any seats

Finally went to the app, where i was initially worried as am already logged in as Privilege member and i was scared to cross-contaminate FF acc numbers, but it too wanted payment (and I thought seat selection was free on QR with that fare ticket)...?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc
I recently flew on QR economy, 4 sectors, under a BA booking.

Seat selection (free) was available on 3 of the 4 flights, the 4th, due to it being on the lowest fare, seat selection was only available as an additional charge, so it sounds like your fare for whatever reason does not come with free seat selection.

I must add that I did a lengthy investigation and Bronze/Ruby benefits for free seat selection at-7days do not apply on QR operated flight and also that you cannot see seat selection on any other OW sites/apps other then QR in my experience.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
I recently flew on QR economy, 4 sectors, under a BA booking.

Seat selection (free) was available on 3 of the 4 flights, the 4th, due to it being on the lowest fare, seat selection was only available as an additional charge, so it sounds like your fare for whatever reason does not come with free seat selection.

I must add that I did a lengthy investigation and Bronze/Ruby benefits for free seat selection at-7days do not apply on QR operated flight and also that you cannot see seat selection on any other OW sites/apps other then QR in my experience.
I was aware when booking that QR do not offer free seat selection on some fares in Biz too, but the fare class is one that free selection applies (I class fare) according to the below
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Not sure if it helps but I have an award on QR next month. Seat selection was open for all cabins but now J from LHR appears as not available at this time. This seemed to be one or two days after I saw it full to the brim. The flight is still on sale in economy but business tickets not avail for purchase. Wonder if capacity levels are restricting this
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:58 am

I was aware when booking that QR do not offer free seat selection on some fares in Biz too, but the fare class is one that free selection applies (I class fare) according to the below
Your booking is a BA ticket, therfore none of these fare types you've mentioned are applicable. Tweeting QR and sending them a DM on Twitter yields a good result is what I've noticed. Their call centres are hit and miss. Additionally BA phone lines are struggle with it.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Your booking is a BA ticket, therfore none of these fare types you've mentioned are applicable. Tweeting QR and sending them a DM on Twitter yields a good result is what I've noticed. Their call centres are hit and miss. Additionally BA phone lines are struggle with it.
Thank you but that goes against the grain of previous thoughts on this and others threads
1. the fare type on my BA eTicket matches that on QR MMB (I Class) - see below
2. I class does allow free seat selection on QR from the time of booking -= see the table in earlier post

Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: British Airways GCH
I have a BA holiday booked for the end of October to Phuket, 3 of the 4 legs are Qatar. I couldn't select seats via BA manage my booking for the 3 Qatar legs but could for the BA leg. I managed to select seats using the BA booking reference on the Qatar site, manage my booking, as suggested by others. I can't manage the BA flight on the Qatar site so it seems the two websites don't play well together. I found with AA the BA site directs you to their site to manage seat selection, and back again if you click to leave. So BA/AA interoperable, BA/QR not - at least for me that is.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roughneck57
I have a BA holiday booked for the end of October to Phuket, 3 of the 4 legs are Qatar. I couldn't select seats via BA manage my booking for the 3 Qatar legs but could for the BA leg. I managed to select seats using the BA booking reference on the Qatar site, manage my booking, as suggested by others. I can't manage the BA flight on the Qatar site so it seems the two websites don't play well together. I found with AA the BA site directs you to their site to manage seat selection, and back again if you click to leave. So BA/AA interoperable, BA/QR not - at least for me that is.
thanks
- not looking to book my BA seats on either BA nor QR as know i don;'t qualify [that is until late Oct after my trip that will get me to Silver]
- the QR site is letting me select - but at a fee (and different fees for me and the 2nd pax)
>>> did the QR site charge you, or was the selection free?
>>> may I ask what class ticket you have (I??)#
- I did try calling Qatar via the 0330 UK number on their website, but as it is a 125- ticket she couldn't do anything!

Will try again tomorrow, hopefully the link from BA MMB to QR will work - I just dont want to miss the opportunity of getting, at least on the outbound, a pair of north facing window seats before they are snapped up (rather than being placed in a middle pair with the OH!!!)
Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: British Airways GCH
thanks
- not looking to book my BA seats on either BA nor QR as know i don;'t qualify [that is until late Oct after my trip that will get me to Silver]
- the QR site is letting me select - but at a fee (and different fees for me and the 2nd pax)
>>> did the QR site charge you, or was the selection free?
>>> may I ask what class ticket you have (I??)#
- I did try calling Qatar via the 0330 UK number on their website, but as it is a 125- ticket she couldn't do anything!

Will try again tomorrow, hopefully the link from BA MMB to QR will work - I just dont want to miss the opportunity of getting, at least on the outbound, a pair of north facing window seats before they are snapped up (rather than being placed in a middle pair with the OH!!!)
My ticket class is (I) on the way out and (R) on the way back, and I am Gold. The BA MMB still comes up with that error message for the QR flights when I hit change seat and I booked a couple of months ago Seat selection on the Qatar site was free, but that may or may not be because of my status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.