Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ModestPointsCollector
Yeh my main memory of the lounge was how busy it was, and how few appetising food items there were. There was a big tray of sandwiches that I grabbed a few of, which were alright from memory. They had a great selection of instant noodle cups if that's your thing!

This was around a year ago.
Exactly - it makes the TG domestic lounge in BKK look brilliant
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Couple of updates for future readers.

Lounge at MLE is as described above by others. There’s (now, maybe always was) an option to pay on the door (for 3 hours access, for around $30). We do normally go in there and make use of the fairly decent seats, grab a coffee and ignore the food, but this time we just went downstairs and had a Costa.

Emirates check-in at MLE wouldn’t check our bags through to Heathrow. ExpertFlyer suggests EK—>BA has a baggage interline agreement. But we weren’t that bothered either way and just accepted it.

I took the advice of others above and booked the Marhaba services (personalised transfers). But when I phoned to add their baggage transfer service they told me that wasn’t available because the legs were on different airlines and tickets. So the transfer service was no use (it only transferred people airside and we had to go landslide to get bags). So I just cancelled it all.

We tried to find the bus but failed miserably. We asked some official looking bloke and he just pointed us at the taxis. We got one and the poor guy looked like he just lost a lottery ticket (he’d queued for an hour on the taxi rank and then won a Ł5 fare from us. We tried to give him a 500% tip to make him whole again but apparently he couldn’t add too the fare if we were paying with a card. I decided this was becoming a ballache and paid the Ł5 and jumped out at T1 with a simple sorry.). From wheels landing at T3, through immigration, collected bags, taxi to T1, bags checked in, boarding pass in hand…. 50 mins. So wasn’t as tough as I’d feared.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Splotly
We tried to find the bus but failed miserably.
It's on the departures floor, the upper level, not arrivals. By door / Entrance number 3.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's on the departures floor, the upper level, not arrivals. By door / Entrance number 3.
OMG. There surely has to be some knowledge you don’t possess! We need an actual thread titled “Beat CWS” where we can all submit candidate questions to challenge you more successfully.

(And by the way, why is it at departures… nobody arriving and looking for a transfer is ever going to look there.)
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

(And by the way, why is it at departures… nobody arriving and looking for a transfer is ever going to look there.)
please don’t know the answer to that.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
please don’t know the answer to that.
Oh that's obvious. Due to the way the access roads are built the bus would have a much longer route if it went to arrivals. Plus the main flow was deemed to be T1 to T3 rather than your direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.