Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Mainline BA Euroflyer Gatwick Long Haul and Short Haul Summer 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Mainline BA Euroflyer Gatwick Long Haul and Short Haul Summer 2023

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA Euroflyer Summer 2023 Schedule from London Gatwick.
Some frequencies may vary throughout the season. Some frequencies to some destinations may be increased in the peak season.
Please let me know about any omissions or additions.
The daily Glasgow flight remains with mainline.

British Airways Gatwick Short Haul Summer 2023

Thessaloniki 6 weekly

Catania 7 weekly

Heraklion 6 weekly

Faro 18 weekly

Tenerife 7 weekly

Lanzarote 7 weekly

Paphos 7 weekly

Kos 4 weekly

Dalaman 6 weekly

Malta 7 weekly

Alicante 11 weekly

Amsterdam 18 weekly

Antalya 5 weekly

Bari 6 weekly

Bordeaux 10 weekly

Cagliari 7 weekly

Dubrovnik 10 weekly

Gran Canaria 2 weekly

Ibiza 14 weekly

Malaga 19 weekly

Marrakech 7 weekly

Menorca 7 weekly

Nice 12 weekly

Palma de Mallorca 10 weekly

Rhodes 5 weekly

Santorini 5 weekly

Seville 6 weekly

Turin 5 weekly

Venice 5 weekly

Verona 6 weekly

Glasgow Daily (Mainline)

Corfu 3 weekly

Montpellier 3 weekly

Salzburg 3 weekly

Mykonos 1 weekly

Some Short haul Inclusive Tour/Holiday Charter flights may also be planned as was the case in Summer 2022.

Last edited by vectismanpaul; Feb 6, 2023 at 2:21 pm
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I am surprised that Venice is not at least daily. Pre-Covid it was up to 3 daily during the summer months. Likewise Verona was at least twice daily.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Although I have posted the long haul Summer 2023 from Gatwick on another thread I will duplicate here for completeness and in keeping with the original thread title.British Airways Gatwick Long Haul Summer 2023

New York Daily

Tampa Daily

Orlando Up to 13 weekly

Antigua 5 weekly

St Lucia Daily

Kingston 4 weekly

Cancun Daily

Doha Daily

Port of Spain 3 weekly

Mauritius 3 weekly

Punta Cana 3 weekly non-stop (was via stop in Summer 2022)

Aruba 2 weekly via Antigua

Georgetown 2 weekly via St Lucia

Grenada 3 weekly via St Lucia

Tobago 2 weekly via St Lucia

St Kitts 2 weekly via Antigua

Vancouver 6 weekly

Las Vegas 3 weekly

75 flights weekly.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:12 pm

I realise Cabin Crew are all Euroflyer, but are flight crew also just Euroflyer or do they do mainline too?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

I believe flight crew will be all Euroflyer too.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Still waiting to find out which of these will be operated by A321s! Unless I'm missing something everything in the summer is still showing in the timetables as A320, but interestingly, the LHR operation is showing a gradually decreasing A321 operation during the early summer season. I guess Euroflyer just hasn't finalised what they are doing with them yet beyond march.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
So will the A321 aircraft have to go onto the Euroflyer AOC and therefore no longer be able to be flown by LHR crews? What's the situation on that as previously BA could easily swap the short haul Airbus fleet between LHR and LGW for seasonal and maintenance cover?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Nine A321 are due to go on the Euroflyer AOC in the next few weeks. I would imagine that Euroflyer would undertake most heavy maintenance in the quieter winter season. Fleet is due to be 19 aircraft this summer (10 A320, 9 A321).
At the moment for peak summer time at least 18 aircraft are required during the day. I believe the plan is to continue to increase the fleet by 3 units a year for several years. However, recent reports have suggested expansion could be faster with IAG/BA looking to take back leased out slots as soon as contractual commitments allow. As usual always happy to be corrected.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Still waiting to find out which of these will be operated by A321s! Unless I'm missing something everything in the summer is still showing in the timetables as A320, but interestingly, the LHR operation is showing a gradually decreasing A321 operation during the early summer season. I guess Euroflyer just hasn't finalised what they are doing with them yet beyond march.
We are scheduled for LGW to YVR in late May on a 777.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Radtel
Thankfully that won't change to a A321
Bohinjska Bistrica likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Radtel
London Gatwick to Vancouver will be operated by mainline BA long haul and not BA Euroflyer.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Booked to travel LGW - ACE and back in mid-March. When we booked (early Jan) the aircraft was shown as an A321, but in the last few days it's changed to an A320. It's now also explicitly showing in MMB as 'Operated by BA Euroflyer'. Seat map is, as you'd expect, for a G-GAT* A320. Not sure if this means that movement of A321s to Gatwick is postponed, or just that passenger loads on my booked flights aren't looking like they'll justify a larger aircraft.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Ok I know this isn't strictly summer season, but this is the most recent active Gatwick thread.

Just had my LGW to TRN cancelled about 4 weeks out from travel. Any ideas why BA are making schedule changes/thinning things out at the moment?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Turin has been operating at quite a high frequency during the winter months in response to demand from ski passengers. Maybe demand for March from such passengers is less and frequency has been reduced. Just an idea. It is only 5 weekly in the summer. During the winter up to 20 flights per week were operating owing to demand from passengers ski-ing and holiday companies.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Turin has been operating at quite a high frequency during the winter months in response to demand from ski passengers. Maybe demand for March from such passengers is less and frequency has been reduced. Just an idea. It is only 5 weekly in the summer. During the winter up to 20 flights per week were operating owing to demand from passengers ski-ing and holiday companies.
Yes we are flying for a weeks skiing in France. It is the tail end of the season, but our (very big) hotel seems to be booked out for the week.

I wonder if BA just slightly over-egged the amount of capacity for March, Easyjet fly a couple of times that day plus one TUI. You can still book with Easyjet for £30.

BA originally offered 5 flights on the weekend days and have operated that in Feb. But for March they have trimmed that down to two on Saturdays and 4 on Sundays in early March, then dropping down to 3 later in the month.

Remarkably on the same day London has at least 50 scheduled departures across all airports to Geneva so still plenty of demand in some parts of the Alps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.