Wiki Posts
Search

Money and Avios - TP/Avios or not?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Money and Avios - TP/Avios or not?

I called recently to have a European "Money and Avios" booking credited. The call agent could see that it was missing and put in a request to add the miles and tier points. Today I received a rejection with the reason

"see the flight was paid for using a combination of money and Avios points. I'm sorry to say tickets purchased using Avios & Money do not earn Avios or Tier Points, "

with a link to https://www.britishairways.com/travel/collect-avios

which conveniently says

"Almost all flights are eligible. The only flights you do not earn Avios or Tier Points on are reward flights, agency discounted fares and industry discounted fares."

As a money and avios is NOT a reward flight HUACA? Or am I missing something. One leg credited already!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
It depends. If you made a cash booking then reduced the price to pay with Avios, then it is eligible. If you made an Avios booking but (as is inevitable) paid some amount of taxes etc in cash, then that is not eligible.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:22 am
Original Poster

the former. The ticket lists no Avios, just a cash payment and is endorsed "*m*redemption/restrictions may apply/restricted refund/non endorsable".
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:24 am
formerly onlynik

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Deckard
the former. The ticket lists no Avios, just a cash payment and is endorsed "*m*redemption/restrictions may apply/restricted refund/non endorsable".
Im in the same boat, 4 tickets reduced with Avios - zero TP or Avios awarded.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:43 am
Original Poster

It almost seems like it's a manual process - I have heard of reward flights accruing credits on similar routes. I have replied pointing out the apparent contradiction between their email and the T&Cs.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If they're urgent / required for status uplift or renewal, it may be worth contacting the missing Avios member on here for a swift resolution... that response in post 1 sounds rather clueless
Deckard likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Nah, no rush - year end November and still waiting on double tier points from a BAH at the beginning of June! Mind you my GGL qualifying flights will be 3 weeks before my year end so those I'll be chasing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.