Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge at PHX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Which Lounge at PHX?

I see that there are 3 Admirals Clubs and an Escape lounge in T4. Are any of them better than the others or should I just pick the one closest to the gate? I’ve read the thread about drinks in ACs so maybe the Escape lounge is a better bet if I want decent-ish wine? Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Personally, we do all of them. 😀

But, for most people, nearest one to the gate, is your best bet.

PHX between the Admiral Clubs , involves some walking, to say the least.

Edit. Check the AA bit of FT.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lemonpie
I see that there are 3 Admirals Clubs and an Escape lounge in T4. Are any of them better than the others or should I just pick the one closest to the gate? I’ve read the thread about drinks in ACs so maybe the Escape lounge is a better bet if I want decent-ish wine? Thanks.
BA provides / directs J passengers access the Escape lounge. It's much better and cleaner than the ACs. Food options are better too. The ACs are extremely crowded at PHX since PHX is an AA hub, and some feel extremely dated. If you have an Amex Platinum the Centurion Lounge is probably the best choice.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If your flight is delayed ( not uncommon). the Escape lounge will close. I found the service in there pretty poor, and wished I'd stopped in the AC . It's not that big a walk really from the one on the adjacent pier.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Am in the Escape lounge now. Easily found seating for 4 - food has some reasonable choices and drinks are free. Am not sure why I’d go anywhere else especially if it’s a walk to the AA lounges. Clearly if I could get into the Centurion lounge I would but I’d not fancy guesting +3 as I guess it would be pricey!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:59 am

I really miss the old BA lounge in Phoenix and all the BA employees.
Hoch, Wilbur and Nicksta like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I was in the Admirals Club above Gates A7 and A9 in late March. At 9 am the place was totally packed with hardly any seats available. On the upside there was a reasonable amount of free food, and they even had a manned stand serving freshly made Mexican food. BTW I don't remember seeing a bar or any booze in the club, even though there should be a full-service bar in the lounge, according to aa.com.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
If you haven't yet, I'd take a look at the dedicated thread in the AA forum for specifics:
PHX / Phoenix - Sky Harbor Int'l. Airport Admirals Clubs (master thread)

In my opinion, no lounge is worthy of a special visit. Sure, if you have a long layover (under ~4 hours), then yes, it is probably best to stay in the airport. Anything beyond that, you're far better off going into town, having a real meal, and possibly seeing something (the Desert Botanical Gardens is about 10-15 minutes from PHX, and I'd highly recommend a visit).

Having visited all of the AA lounges at PHX at some point, none are worth going out of your way to visit. If you have the time, my recommendation would be the low B lounge. Typically not as busy as low A (very similar), and both are considerably larger than the high A lounge.

Last edited by aztimm; Aug 7, 2022 at 11:43 am
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Are all of the PHX AA lounges now refurbished? When I last visited in 2017, only the A7 one had been refurbished, and the tiny A19 lounge was still sporting US Airways 1990s 'style'; I didn't have time to visit the B5 lounge but believe that was also a US Airways style lounge at the time.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: Alaska, Hilton, Chase Ultimate Rewards
"If your flight is delayed ( not uncommon). the Escape lounge will close."

And if you arrive early for your BA flight from PHX so you can go through security before it gets crowded and enjoy some lounge time, you will find the check-in counter closed until shortly before your flight. You will have to wait around ground side until you get to fight crowds at security and then be turned away from the lounge anyway because it's now full.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:40 pm

BA departs from the higher Bgates on the East side. The Escape lounge and the Centurion lounge share the same food source. They are the same unless you want to get down to stupid stuff individual items or fake aspirational crap that Amex card holders suck up the Escape lounge can be nicer and quieter.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone.

The last time we were here it was Prince William’s wedding and if my memory is correct they were serving wedding cake in the BA lounge.

Such a shame the lounge has closed.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Sorry to revive an old thread.

Looks like I have 4+ hours in Sky Harbour (always loved that name) as BA288 has been delayed tonight, now a 2305 scheduled departure.

Which Admirals Club is my best bet, or is there a better alternative for the evening? I am BA Gold. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Sorry to revive an old thread.

Looks like I have 4+ hours in Sky Harbour (always loved that name) as BA288 has been delayed tonight, now a 2305 scheduled departure.

Which Admirals Club is my best bet, or is there a better alternative for the evening? I am BA Gold. Thanks.
We are now in PHX on the same flight. Escape lounge full, B7 AC closed. Gave up and sitting near the gate now.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Went through the PHX Escape Lounge in late September. Food was reasonable, wine and beer available and they also had a pop up food station. Was busy at first but gradually emptied and by the time we left very few people were there. Staff pleasant. Also close to departure gate. Could not fault it although don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.