Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - BCN cancelled but now shows available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

Hi, last year we booked CE flights to BCN leaving LHR at 6.15 am. This was cancelled and we were moved to a new time at 9.05.
We then received another email to say this flight was now being operated by Iberia(not a problem to us)

I now notice that our original 6.15 am flight is available for booking on line.
This earlier time is more suitable for us. Are we allowed to change back to it free as it was our original flight?
if so do we have to ring?
thanks for any advice

Sarah
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thanks is such a good question. Exactly the same happened to me recently to EDI and I just accepted I couldn’t change it back, but never actually tried and then wondered afterwards if I’d been a mug.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There was a policy which has been available over the last 1-2 years which stated if your original flight was re-instated you can be rebooked for free back on it as long as there is space in the same cabin. It appears to still be in force and is called "Flight Reinstatements".

It should just be a matter of calling BA on the usual number and asking for this to be done.
Bluekjp, SK and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the flight now being operated by Iberia would allow you to change for free back to a BA operated service.
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the flight now being operated by Iberia would allow you to change for free back to a BA operated service.
Yes, I think you are right on that being an option too.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, I think you are right on that being an option too.
Assuming the 6.15 is being operated by BA...

I was under the impression that most, if not all, of the BCN flights were being operated by IB for obvious logistical reasons...
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Update

Hi ,
well I called BA as KARFA advised and was told that as I had accepted the change, I could not change again. She then said I would have to pay change fees and taxes!
I asked the cost for this and then said she couldn’t find out the cost as it said there was a fault.
I read out the wording KARFA said about flight reinstatements and she again said it couldn’t be done as I accepted the change.
I then asked her if she would check so she agreed to check and came back and said she could change it back for free.
So it’s all done. The lady was very nice but perhaps inexperienced but at least she agreed to check for me.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Originally Posted by sarahuk
Hi ,
well I called BA as KARFA advised and was told that as I had accepted the change, I could not change again. She then said I would have to pay change fees and taxes!
I asked the cost for this and then said she couldn’t find out the cost as it said there was a fault.
I read out the wording KARFA said about flight reinstatements and she again said it couldn’t be done as I accepted the change.
I then asked her if she would check so she agreed to check and came back and said she could change it back for free.
So it’s all done. The lady was very nice but perhaps inexperienced but at least she agreed to check for me.
A big thank you to KARFA for your help and advice
MatJarosz, AJA_, plunet and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.