Wiki Posts
Search

Drinks vouchers in AA lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Drinks vouchers in AA lounges

They used to give BA customers a couple of premium drinks vouchers when entering AA domestic lounges on BA status. Has this stopped? Just in the Admirals club Boston and wondering if I can get premium drinks from the bar!

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Adstring
They used to give BA customers a couple of premium drinks vouchers when entering AA domestic lounges on BA status. Has this stopped? Just in the Admirals club Boston and wondering if I can get premium drinks from the bar!

Thanks
They ceased doing that around the start of the pandemic. Think that applies to all AA Admiral Clubs
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:50 am

I think even before the pandemic, they switched from vouchers to using boarding passes
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:53 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Don’t worry Darling if you are at CLT the bar lady is adorable. If it’s not then you’ll have pleasure of some minimum wage sourpuss bar person expecting tips ( nor can I blame them quite frankly). Terraces are light years ahead never mind the FLounge. Flagship First is superb. This is indisputable
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
In SFO in April the lounge dragon said there was tokens attached to our boarding pass electronically.

The lady at the bar looked at us as if we were completely insane.

As far as I could tell from AA forums, the lounge dragon was wrong, and there's no free premium drinks (we were AA Flagship business, but doubt that made a differemce).

When in some AA Admirals lounges, such as Denver (where there is no BA lounge), BA passengers get free champers and can choose paid items from the food menu. But it sounds like you're not flying BA and have status, so no premium drinks for you. There will be a free house red and white, and perhaps pint of budweiser though (not limited, ie: more than 2 if you want).
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Smid
In SFO in April the lounge dragon said there was tokens attached to our boarding pass electronically.

The lady at the bar looked at us as if we were completely insane.

As far as I could tell from AA forums, the lounge dragon was wrong, and there's no free premium drinks (we were AA Flagship business, but doubt that made a differemce).

When in some AA Admirals lounges, such as Denver (where there is no BA lounge), BA passengers get free champers and can choose paid items from the food menu. But it sounds like you're not flying BA and have status, so no premium drinks for you. There will be a free house red and white, and perhaps pint of budweiser though (not limited, ie: more than 2 if you want).
According to reports on here, that little perk has now gone.
Smid and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Paper premium drink coupons went away before the pandemic and then the e-coupons connected to your BP went away with the pandemic and haven’t returned.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1941682-admirals-club-drink-coupons-chits-moving-boarding-pass-scans-2019-a-3.html
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Paper premium drink coupons went away before the pandemic and then the e-coupons connected to your BP went away with the pandemic and haven’t returned.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1941682-admirals-club-drink-coupons-chits-moving-boarding-pass-scans-2019-a-3.html
Ah yes, the good ol' days....when EXP's would just leave them lying around for others or directly offer them to you as they were leaving.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Originally Posted by Smid
When I passed thru the Denver Admiral's lounge in January this year I had to pay for wine and food even though I'm Gold and was travelling Club on the BA DEN>LHR.
Smid and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Traveling on Alaska from DCA to SEA yesterday, I had no issue with getting a glass of house white from the AA bar. No chits of course, but no charge either.
Getting entrance was the usual discussion - have to display both my boarding pass and my BA gold card. But the BA number is on the boarding pass... It's not just BA IT that's broken.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gormless
Traveling on Alaska from DCA to SEA yesterday, I had no issue with getting a glass of house white from the AA bar. No chits of course, but no charge either.
Getting entrance was the usual discussion - have to display both my boarding pass and my BA gold card. But the BA number is on the boarding pass... It's not just BA IT that's broken.
House wines, well liquor and cheap beer have always been available free in ACs, the coupons were for premium drinks.
hbtr and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
House wines, well liquor and cheap beer have always been available free in ACs, the coupons were for premium drinks.
I'm aware of that, but the post by Keystone implied that all wine and beer were charged. That's not true, just the premium stuff is now gone (or charged for).
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
As already mentioned, they stopped giving them out a few years ago. On the bright side, entrance to the Flagship Lounges, where available, has been extended to oneworld Sapphires and to intl business class passengers on oneword flights. It's also worth mentioning that at least in some Admirals Clubs, certain (cheap) beers, wines, and spirits like Evan Williams are complimentary at the bar. For further info check out this link to the Admirals Club menu at ORD from when I was there a few months ago. http://qrmenupro.com/wp-content/uplo...enu-100421.pdf
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:24 pm

I'm aware that the vouchers were dropped ages ago and 'transferred' over to the boarding passes. I think covid then intervened and they stopped all the 'free' alcohol - at least in the admirals lounges. However, I've found that I usually get access to the Flagship lounge - even when travelling economy (which always surprises me!).
BTW - CLT is (as of a couple of weeks ago) a pain since they're refurbishing the main AA lounge (which is closed), so have cope with the smaller lounges - best to head to the self-service one above the concessions (above chick-fil-a I think!).
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Originally Posted by gormless
I'm aware of that, but the post by Keystone implied that all wine and beer were charged. That's not true, just the premium stuff is now gone (or charged for).
I’m afraid it is true. I asked for 2 glasses of red wine and two turkey sandwiches showing by club world boarding pass. They charged me $45.91. Soft drinks, cheese and biscuits and brownies were free. My credit card clearly shows the ADMIRALS CLUB DEN entry with the transaction date 22 January and coming out as £34.04.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.