Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

5 Jul : British Airways cancels a further 1,500 flights, Jul to Oct 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 Jul : British Airways cancels a further 1,500 flights, Jul to Oct 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:50 am

Maybe a controversial opinion however I would rather they preemptively cancel a large number of flights than too few to manage an effective operation in the short term.
Kgmm77, T8191, camdentown and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC silver, MC platinum, AmEx gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Friend had a LHR-CPH flight late July cancelled last night, so seems like there's another wave coming...
+1

LHR-OSL cancelled 20th July. They are only operating 1 out for 4 scheduled daily flights on this route over the coming period. Shame.

BA told me with 15 days to go. Buggers!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
According to the Guardian, BA made the decision to cancel hundreds of flights after the government's recent "slot amnesty" allowed airlines to prune schedules without forfeiting the slots. If that's the case, then I think the decision to cancel is entirely BA's.

The Guardian also says that as well as the 650 cancellations in July there will be a further 650 in August. This is turning into a miserable year for air travellers.

It seems like no time at all since the airlines and airports were demanding that the government reopen air travel, claiming "we're ready!"
lying is the new normal
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I was booked on the BA1394 LHR - MAN on 22 Jul 2022, just been to the BA booking system and flight is not showing (only three flights that day) and no cancellation email from BA yet...
I called BA to find out if this flight has been cancelled and was told that it had not but is not showing because it is full. Just been on Expert Flyer and showing availability 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:35 pm

Is there anything to be read by the fact I have not received an email to say my flight is cancelled but it no longer shows up as a bookable flight.

We are booked on lhr-cph on thr 29th at 20:15. The flight no longer shows up when looking to book flights but is still in MMB.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I called BA to find out if this flight has been cancelled and was told that it had not but is not showing because it is full. Just been on Expert Flyer and showing availability 🤷🏻‍♂️
what’s the selling class availability?

seat map tells you very little.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At the moment there are six service LHR-MAN in the schedule side of BA.com for 22 July, including BA1394. I haven't double checked these six, but many services to many places are full so the booking system would not sell you a ticket.
Interesting, it was not showing earlier but is now when I just checked with one seat yet Expert Flyer shows availability?

Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL

That's not showing availability, that's showing seats that have not yet been selected. Many folks don't get free selection and don't want to pay. This is orthogonal to selling availability (numbers like F2 J9 W5 Y7 or whatever) - also on ExpertFlyer. If those are all zeroed out (technically if they are zeroed out for every point of sale), then BA is selling no more tickets.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by abligh
That's not showing availability, that's showing seats that have not yet been selected. Many folks don't get free selection and don't want to pay.
Thanks, I was not aware. Is there a way to check availability? I know that there is a thread devoted to this, but is there a web resource that will provide availability?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Travelling PDX - LHR - ARN on July 31st/August 1st returning OSL - LHR on the 9th and on to PDX on the 15th- fingers crossed and so far so good , but probably jinxed everything now!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks, I was not aware. Is there a way to check availability? I know that there is a thread devoted to this, but is there a web resource that will provide availability?
yes expertflyer.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
ExpertFlyer will show availability. It's under "Flight Availability". You will see a string of letters (each being a selling class) followed by a number (0 to 9) indicating the number of seats available in that class (with 9 being "9 or more"). Note they don't sum, so F2 A1 means 2 in first, only one of which is available in A (you need to know both F and A are first)
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
ExpertFlyer shows that my mid-day LHR-NCL flight next week has been zero'd out in all fare codes. And according to BA.com, when you attempt a dummy booking, you get: "we don't fly that route on the date you chose". However, If I do a dummy booking for the assumed return flight for that same aircraft (presumably the plane just returns NCL-LHR), it is bookable. Hopefully, this just means they have protected the space for those already booked.
roadtriper likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:16 pm

How long did people wait before finding out about their flights being cancelled?

Got LGW-PFO-LGW on 1-15 Aug and wonder when or if it’s cancelled
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by abligh
ExpertFlyer will show availability. It's under "Flight Availability". You will see a string of letters (each being a selling class) followed by a number (0 to 9) indicating the number of seats available in that class (with 9 being "9 or more"). Note they don't sum, so F2 A1 means 2 in first, only one of which is available in A (you need to know both F and A are first)
Thanks, I don't have a paid account, I think you need a Premium account. Now that I know I may upgrade...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.