Community
Wiki Posts
Search

so so confused by BA check in seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:03 pm

I suspect that the DFW A380 will be pretty good for upgrades over the next few weeks. JFK always is around this time of year - business travel dips and those CW suite 777s (as the Hi-J 747s were before them) aren't really the ideal config. BA happy to oversell WT & WT+ and roll forward. A banner did used to appear in OCLI if they'd processed it in advance
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I too was under the impression op-up's only happened after check-in closed.

I've had maybe 2 or 3 op-up's with BA and IB, all done at the gate upon boarding. One time on IB the agent rather dramatically ripped up my boarding pass without saying anything, so for a few seconds I thought I was being offloaded and denied boarding until she finally said I'd been upgraded and handed me a new boarding pass!

With Qantas upgrades would occasionally happen in the lounge, names would be called over the PA to come see staff at the service desk.
Im a shiny gold (typically GUF but not CCR)
Been upgraded on AA a few times but only once on BA- upgrade from PE to cw 3 days before travel- they werevery keen to emphasis it was an incentive for my silver husband,
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
If this was indeed an incentive for my wife and daughter I will plan a TP tier run for them to achieve another 90 TP to allow both of them to achieve Silver. They received 360 from the round trip with the WC upgrade leaving the choice quite easy for me to arrange their TP run.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
I suspect that the DFW A380 will be pretty good for upgrades over the next few weeks. JFK always is around this time of year - business travel dips and those CW suite 777s (as the Hi-J 747s were before them) aren't really the ideal config. BA happy to oversell WT & WT+ and roll forward. A banner did used to appear in OCLI if they'd processed it in advance
And without seeing the data, granted, WTP seems to be the best bet in terms of upgrade chances: a smaller cabin compared to Club, and likely easier to see large numbers of WT to WTP upgrades, making the cabins roll…
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by testycal
If this was indeed an incentive for my wife and daughter I will plan a TP tier run for them to achieve another 90 TP to allow both of them to achieve Silver. They received 360 from the round trip with the WC upgrade leaving the choice quite easy for me to arrange their TP run.
Note if you did not pay for the upgrade, you should get the booked class tier points only (rather than the flown class). Sometimes miracles happen and you get the flown class, but don't rely on it.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I do though think BA are missing a trick here. If they upgrade someone like myself then take some credit! Send me an email about how valued I am and how happy they are to reward my loyalty... I dont expect upgrades avery time, and I am grateful, but in their current position (hardly swimming a adoration from their public) if they do somethng good they should stand up and be noticed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.