Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:38 am

Good news. Now will the option of pre-ordering your main course also return?
LoneGroover likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:11 am

I was chatting with the crew on my Band 3 CE flight back from CE yesterday. Sitting in row 1, I find they are more chatty.

They are dreading the J return to pre-pandemic levels. Saying that the amount of walking they'll have to do will cause the service to be much slower. She was saying that a few crew members have reported that they believe a meal service could take "up to 3 hours" between courses in the first few weeks, with the crew getting used to how it's going to work.

She said there's going to be a choice from 4 starters. That would be great if true!
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am not aware there are cuts in crew for CW cabin on longhaul compared to pre covid.

There have been crew shortages over the last two years which is part of why a return to normal service took so long, but I understand long haul are fully crewed now.

So I assume it will be back to pre covid standards and timings in terms of how long it takes.
Donsyb likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Ive met a few crew, both on board and socially, who have expressed how much they like the one tray and are dreading the return to multiple courses. Honestly, my thought each time (though particularly for someone who revealed they were a SCCM) was oh dear youre not great at your job.

Maybe a bit harsh. But its so obviously better for the passenger experience I felt there was no defense for opposing it other than an easy life. Particularly as it is tried and tested and not something new and impractical.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Ive met a few crew, both on board and socially, who have expressed how much they like the one tray and are dreading the return to multiple courses. Honestly, my thought each time (though particularly for someone who revealed they were a SCCM) was oh dear youre not great at your job.

Maybe a bit harsh. But its so obviously better for the passenger experience I felt there was no defense for opposing it other than an easy life. Particularly as it is tried and tested and not something new and impractical.
yep, sounds like laziness to me.

I get some of the crew will be new and have joined since covid, so for them it will be a change to get used to. For any legacy staff who were there pre - covid, suck it up buttercup and do your job as you used to do 🤦‍♀️

I mean - even AA crew can manage it for gods sake!
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I mean - if they are fully crewed - cry me a river.
NoY, KARFA, mikeyfly and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’ve met a few crew, both on board and socially, who have expressed how much they like the one tray and are dreading the return to multiple courses. Honestly, my thought each time (though particularly for someone who revealed they were a SCCM) was ‘oh dear you’re not great at your job’.

…………………………..

Is it too late for BA to re-think this decision to return to routine catering standards, and to consider its effects on the welfare of their employees ?

A tabloid warts-and-all expos could perhaps garner support of fare-paying premium cabin passengers, and help the cause of any CC members who are dreading the prospect of a normal workload.

“I took a job with a full-service airline, and was then expected to provide ….. er …… a full service …..”
choosethedrew and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I’ve met a few crew, both on board and socially, who have expressed how much they like the one tray and are dreading the return to multiple courses.
The very fact they are expressing their annoyance to a customer is unprofessional, and shows how little they understand their customers either by lack of training or lack of common sense.
NoY, MaxFlyer, Ziz and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
As a comparison this is the starter, soup and the salad I had 1 week ago with KLM. The quantity is pretty much the same with what BA is offering. Thats without the main meal and the dessert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.