Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Booking - Cabin Full

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by testycal
Does BA not wish to generate additional revenue and is doing exactly the opposite by restricting option to purchase seats that are there for the taking? As Yetak stated....counter intuitive to me at least whether to purchase a seat or to choose one. And Yetak is absolutely correct..I am taking up bandwith on the BA phone system that could be better used for others with larger issues ie cancellations, baggage delays etc and it does cause stress that is not necessary.
BA makes more money this way than seat selection fees. They block row 1 to gold/ggl up to around 24 hours before the flight. Then people can check in and select those. last row seats for revenue protection point of view. BA can sell those as fully flexible Y seats, they can sell those as fully flex J seats, it can be used to accommodate passengers from canceled flights etc. Just a buffer, again make sense for BA ops point of view.
I'm not going to argue that certain passengers will call BA unnecessarily and BA could do a better job of course. However this month is not "normal" in many ways and in normal times we don't see such a full flights all the day every day, hence we see more passengers asking these questions.
We have a thread somewhere where people with internal BA load sheet access confirmed that BA is 0 out flights even those flights is far from full. Probably this is the reason that on short haul less likely a downgrade/upgrade or a denied boarding scenario. What has increased on many of the flights I've taken is that many people sitting randomly from their family as they either have no status or moved to that flight last minute and only those few random seats were available.
testycal and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Looking on expertflyer, your flight shows 9 seats unalloctaed seats. You can't see them on your booking because those seats are in row 1 (only Golds can see this at the moment) and row 8 which as it's the last row in the cabin is usually blocked from selection. These seats should be available for selection from 72 hours before scheduled departure.
Thanks to you and others I feel reassured as today I managed to book our seats at T-72.5. Me and Mrs Yetak in row 1 and kids (adults) in Row 8. All 4 of us could go in row 8 but decided to grab R1. Mind you from previous flights I’m not sure if this is a good idea as you just have the aisle next to the seats blocked by those frequenting the loo.

Just hope our return BA 2551 on 31st July survives the latest cull !
abligh and SonicStar817 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Trying to book our seats for the return BA2551 on 31/7. 4 unallocated seats left a pair each on row 9 and 10. Emergency exit seats. Click on them for each passenger , tick the box that we are all suitable people to sit on an exit row, get an email saying I’ve changed seats but in MMB it’s saying I haven’t chosen my seats. Repeated this exercise countless times in the last 20 hours but the seat choice never sticks. Is this just a temp glitch or is there a work around ? Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Yetak
Trying to book our seats for the return BA2551 on 31/7. 4 unallocated seats left a pair each on row 9 and 10. Emergency exit seats. Click on them for each passenger , tick the box that we are all suitable people to sit on an exit row, get an email saying I’ve changed seats but in MMB it’s saying I haven’t chosen my seats. Repeated this exercise countless times in the last 20 hours but the seat choice never sticks. Is this just a temp glitch or is there a work around ? Thanks
on experflyer i see 2 free seats in row 10, but only 9C available 9D is occupied (no A or F on that row)
Yetak likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
on experflyer i see 2 free seats in row 10, but only 9C available 9D is occupied (no A or F on that row)
Ah on MMB it shows 9A and C as free but just noticed it shows up as 2 x 9c - ie shows 4 seats when only 3 are actually there. I think !Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.