Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Booking - Cabin Full

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Seat Booking - Cabin Full

Hi there I haven’t used this site for years as I haven’t travelled much but on some previous long haul flights I have always been lucky enough to get some great help here.

The basic issue is we flying as Family of 4 on 8th July LHR-AGP in CE on BA 2716. I’m now Bronze so gone to book our seats today as it’s free 7 days in advance. Cabin is showing as full and no seat allocation for us has been made by BA and obviously no way to choose.
Should I be worried that we are going to get bumped ?

There is virtually no availability next weekend to Malaga which makes me think flights have been amalgamated and we could be paying the price.

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking on expertflyer, your flight shows 9 seats unalloctaed seats. You can't see them on your booking because those seats are in row 1 (only Golds can see this at the moment) and row 8 which as it's the last row in the cabin is usually blocked from selection. These seats should be available for selection from 72 hours before scheduled departure.
Seat 1K, Tobias-UK, becks1 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Looking on expertflyer, your flight shows 9 seats unalloctaed seats. You can't see them on your booking because those seats are in row 1 (only Golds can see this at the moment) and row 8 which as it's the last row in the cabin is usually blocked from selection. These seats should be available for selection from 72 hours before scheduled departure.
Thats very kind of you to check and also reassuring many thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
There looks to be 8 blocked seats, the whole of row 1 (will open up at t-72 or less) and the whole of row 8 plus 3D single seat.

Tobias-UK and Yetak like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
If you want to try and grab row 1 I suggest you set a timer for 72 and a half hours before departure as in my experience they tend to open up a teeny bit earlier than T-72.
marcopizzaiuolo and Yetak like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:50 pm

Are you sure that none of the seats showing as taken aren’t being reserved for you, despite it not being made clear to you? On a busy flight Amadeus often pre-assigns seats to ensure you can be placed together.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus
Are you sure that none of the seats showing as taken aren’t being reserved for you, despite it not being made clear to you? On a busy flight Amadeus often pre-assigns seats to ensure you can be placed together.
I’m hoping that’s the case but on MMB it states “no seat” under each passenger name on the seat map page of our booking. I’m not sure how I would check. 3d now allocated so cabin showing as 100% full.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Yetak
I’m hoping that’s the case but on MMB it states “no seat” under each passenger name on the seat map page of our booking. I’m not sure how I would check. 3d now allocated so cabin showing as 100% full.
Worry not, the curtain between club and economy will be moved back to accommodate you assuming youre not going to be sitting in row 1 or row 8.

Ba are not letting economy passengers book rows 9, 10 or 11 currently so there is plenty of room to expand the business section if needed & you will get seats in club.
abligh and Yetak like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Worry not, the curtain between club and economy will be moved back to accommodate you assuming youre not going to be sitting in row 1 or row 8.

Ba are not letting economy passengers book rows 9, 10 or 11 currently so there is plenty of room to expand the business section if needed & you will get seats in club.
Thanks like the other responses that’s really helpful and reassuring . Although obviously keen to stay in CE my main concern was that we are actually get on our flight as there’s not much availability to Malaga next weekend.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Yetak
Thanks like the other responses that’s really helpful and reassuring . Although obviously keen to stay in CE my main concern was that we are actually get on our flight as there’s not much availability to Malaga next weekend.
You will be fine. If they are oversold and too many people turn up, they will dump some poor folk in ET rather than anyone in CE simply because the seats are physically the same and the price per seat (and thus refund) in CE is greater. If at T-24h when you can check in you still don't have a seat, that is the time to start worrying. No need to worry now.

If you're in desperate need of something to worry about now, I suggest you'd be better placed worrying about your flight being delayed or cancelled!
TheChangingMan, Mekko and Yetak like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:32 am

Sorry to jump on your thread, same has happened to me. Went on to choose my seats 7 days out FCO-LHR and it’s showing only one seat available when my husband and I are both travelling. I used avios and Amex companion voucher for our tickets so I’m
assuming they’d bump us out of club first. Is anyone able to check if there are seats on expert flyer for this flight? It’s BA 0551 on July 10th
Yetak likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:39 am

Currently looking like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Savvysaz
Sorry to jump on your thread, same has happened to me. Went on to choose my seats 7 days out FCO-LHR and it’s showing only one seat available when my husband and I are both travelling. I used avios and Amex companion voucher for our tickets so I’m
assuming they’d bump us out of club first. Is anyone able to check if there are seats on expert flyer for this flight? It’s BA 0551 on July 10th
That's on an A319, and is showing zeroed out (i.e. no more seats being sold). But if you look at the seat map below, you will note that the three rows behind the curtain (division between business and economy) are unavailable for selection. So likely they will just move the curtain back and generate more rows in business class (they can generate up to three without moving anyone in Economy). You'll also note that there are actually two seats available; unless you are Gold or GGL you won't be able to select the one in row 1 until shortly before the flight.

TLDR don't worry about this. After all, it's more likely your flight will be delayed / cancelled than that you will get bumped from club (apologies for gallows humour).

ExpertFlyer for the flight in question
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Savvysaz

The flight is showing J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0

So I assume you can see 2A but not 1D as that will still be reserved for Golds.

Rows 6-8 are still blocked so there is still flex in the cabin config.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Also sorry to jump on thread..checking wife and daughter's flight BA164 TLV LHR July 6/22.....no seat allocation in PE....agent advises one seat available confirmed by EFlyer...one seat in business...if business sells out. thus preventing upgrade for PE Silver/Gold, what is the procedure? assuming my assumptions are correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.