Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a "best" morning time to enter T5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia

Other than arriving as early as possible (flight departs 940am), anecdotal comments if arriving at T5 for example at 630 am or earlier perhaps will save queue time?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
2 hours before departure
Grace B likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
I’m sure others will have the exact stats to hand (didn’t someone post an hour by hour chart a few days ago?). But I believe there’s a big peak in the early morning. 6.30 is probably much busier than 9.30.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
5:00am is very quiet. I do it quite often. But is is interesting how quickly the crowds build up.
testycal likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:07 am
Original Poster

This may become the least of our concerns regarding the potential for train (does that affect inter terminal travel? does that affect local Heathrow buses?) and BA strike threats. It appears that if BA is flying the boys and I will be seen trundling along South Perimter Road towards T5..a good one hour brisk walk and hopefully without rain. Nothing like a morning walk before a 10 hour transatlantic flight.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:10 am
Original Poster

June transit underground strike dates
  • Tuesday 21 June
  • Thursday 23 June
  • Saturday 25 June.
SxMan and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The rail strikes are planned for 21, 23, and 25 June. There is a tube strike also on 21 June.

On 21 June I am not sure if the rail strikes that will also take out crossrail and HEX, perhaps HEX will just run an inter terminal shuttle and no services to PAD.

23 and 25 June should be fine for inter terminal movements using the tube or crossrail.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:39 am
Original Poster

June 21 consequences? no inter terminal transit?

Originally Posted by KARFA
The rail strikes are planned for 21, 23, and 25 June. There is a tube strike also on 21 June.

On 21 June I am not sure if the rail strikes that will also take out crossrail and HEX, perhaps HEX will just run an inter terminal shuttle and no services to PAD.

23 and 25 June should be fine for inter terminal movements using the tube or crossrail.
Options..???
walk
Hoppa?
Bus?
taxi
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by testycal
Options..???
walk
Hoppa?
Bus?
taxi
Well you can't walk in or out of the central terminal area (T2/3) so that isn't an option.

Where are you coming from and going to?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Silver

This depends on what signalling staff Network Rail have, as while the tunnels belong to the airport, all the signalling of trains within is done by Network Rail.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Overnighting at Premier Inn T4 June 20 and departing onwards on June 21 from T5

Well you can't walk in or out of the central terminal area (T2/3) so that isn't an option.

Where are you coming from and going to?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:55 am

so you can get the 482/490 TfL buses right outside. Go down to the car park level and the bus stop is about 100m to the right when you get to the pavement.

Personally I wouldn’t have walked all the way to T4 itself to get the HEX/tube since that would require a change anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.