Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight. Can I get anything I can find back home?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled flight. Can I get anything I can find back home?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Moonstone1234
Thank you all. People do worry and the BA call centres are not in a great state. LHR to New York is not a particularly good example because there are so many other options.
Originally Posted by binman
If you find your flight is cancelled on the day it will be impossible to contact the airline. I think this is now agreed and unless you are at the airport, where they don't want you to be, It will not be possible for the operating carrier to re book you. So do it yourself, and then claim back. You must book the lowest class available so no booking F when WT plus is available.

Claim from the carrier and if that fails the insurer.

For cancellations in advance give the carrier the chance.

For cancellations on the day just get on with it yourself
FWIW I got through to the Bronze line with two minutes queueing on Thursday afternoon. Only a single data point but suggests some improvement.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V
I find Mr Calder could sometimes benefit from the experience of many here on FT. He suffers from over simplifying a lot of travel issues.
I have little doubt that Mr Calder knows all the rules and regulations backwards: he has, after all, been a travel journalist for decades.

However, sometimes he might simplify something for a general readership, sometimes a sub-editor might edit his piece over-enthusiastically, and sometimes someone might misquote him on an Internet forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.