Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

31 May 2022 : British Airways operated by Comair (South Africa) flights suspended

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

31 May 2022 : British Airways operated by Comair (South Africa) flights suspended

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Thanks a lot, both of you. I will call back and enquire about about an SAA leg. My other problem is BA chopping the domestic UK flights to bits, so we will struggle to find business flights down to LHR!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
This is quite frustrating for me as I have LHR/JNB/DUR (Comair) in Jan with Avios in J with a cash return (J) same sectors. I had an online chat with an agent a while ago to try and change the cash legs to an alternative domestic connection and he told me that BA only had an agreement in place for CPT connections and would I like to cancel the flight? I said absolutely not thank you as I expect BA to sort this out (I did a screen shot of the transcript.) He told me to try later in the year when BA ‘may ’ have negotiated a solution! So I am waiting until October when I will then phone, firstly to change the inward cash leg and then phone BAEC to change the outward sectors. Not terribly au fait with the ins and outs of all this but they’ve not made it easy for people like me. Could I actually get them to re-route me with QR?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Shingi
This is quite frustrating for me as I have LHR/JNB/DUR (Comair) in Jan with Avios in J with a cash return (J) same sectors. I had an online chat with an agent a while ago to try and change the cash legs to an alternative domestic connection and he told me that BA only had an agreement in place for CPT connections and would I like to cancel the flight? I said absolutely not thank you as I expect BA to sort this out (I did a screen shot of the transcript.) He told me to try later in the year when BA ‘may ’ have negotiated a solution! So I am waiting until October when I will then phone, firstly to change the inward cash leg and then phone BAEC to change the outward sectors. Not terribly au fait with the ins and outs of all this but they’ve not made it easy for people like me. Could I actually get them to re-route me with QR?
I last called BA holidays last week and they said the QR rebooking policy for BA cancellations is only currently valid for travel before 29th October. I personally think this is a bit silly, but they aren’t budging easily.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Ah thank you for that.
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.