Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staff Tattoo Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by jimlad48
Can they do the job? Can they keep me safe in an emergency? Can they give me a great experience to help my travel start/finish in a great way?

If the answer is yes, I couldn't care what they were wearing, or how they were dressed, or if they had tattoos, piercings, or chose to turn up for work wearing nothing but a giant nappy for all I care.
and if earings or tatoos were Z symbols (keeping it fairly topical)?? Wouldn't prevent them doing their job but not everyone would be happy with it. I appreciate we may be getting into the relms of OMNI
Old May 31, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Do people worry about what tattoos their bus or taxi driver have ? Or train guard etc ?
FlyingCow and xarantine like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually yes I do.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:16 pm

Virgin are claiming to be the 1st airline to embrace tattoos. Clearly Richard Branson has never flown on Jet2 from Leeds.
jonkx and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And in some countries, notably Japan, this remains a difficult area. I am also agin at this point in time.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Of all the tattoos I’ve seen, only one was what I would consider nice. YMMV

That being said, just yesterday I saw a few too many and regretted I hadn’t opened a tattoo studio years ago as a $ grab.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by KARFA
fair point, but it's all part of your presentation.

the rules at choosethedrew airways () would be clear narrow-ish rules on uniform (albeit taking your point that they shouldn't be unduly restrictive based on the examples you give), but anything goes when it comes to tattoos, hair, nails, piercings, beards etc.? or would there be anything you think wouldn't be acceptable?
On CTD air:

Men in skirts - allowed
Man buns - allowed
Women in suits - allowed
Women with shaved heads - allowed
No make up - allowed
Full face of make up - allowed
Brooch of whoever your god is - allowed
Natural Afro - allowed
Hairy legs out - allowed
Sassy attitude - NOT allowed
Ice in champagne - NOT allowed
Bear96, shefgab, FlyingCow and 4 others like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And in some countries, notably Japan, this remains a difficult area.
This was the first thing that came to mind - different countries/cultures have quite different interpretations of tattoos.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:45 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
What was VS thinking with this new "Stay Woke" policy for FA tattoos?

Imagine these two were serving you in F/J: you'd be confused if that's an actual FA or a trashy passenger.

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Old May 31, 2022, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jimlad48
Can they do the job? Can they keep me safe in an emergency? Can they give me a great experience to help my travel start/finish in a great way?

If the answer is yes, I couldn't care what they were wearing, or how they were dressed, or if they had tattoos, piercings, or chose to turn up for work wearing nothing but a giant nappy for all I care.
Must admit I'm not a fan of them especially if on the face and neck. However I have to agree with you.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA
UA announced a change to its tattoo policy last August similar to what Virgin announced and I haven't noticed anything very different. Perhaps I just don't care enough to pay attention to this.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Isn’t this as much about recruitment as anything else? Airlines can’t afford to turn down people able and willing to do the job. This is just getting some PR out of the move.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Gertjaars

Imagine these two were serving you in F/J: you'd be confused if that's an actual FA or a trashy passenger.
No, you wouldn't. Do be so absurd.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars

I believe the “trashy passenger” would be making a statement like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Must admit I'm not a fan of them especially if on the face and neck. However I have to agree with you.
Just what I was thinking.
I would be uncomfortable with crew displaying a full face tattoo. Maybe too with the ones across the fingers.
Some look fantastic on many younger people, says me remembering a younger Icelandic man with a twisting branch from wrist to neck, but that was 22 years ago. Now it looks like the tree has caught Dutch Elm disease!
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.