Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Splitting a booking into two separate bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond

My husband and I need to split an upcoming trip into two separate bookings as he may need to change his travel dates due to an imminent death in his family. Do we need to call to do this or is there a way to do it online? And does it have to be the person who is lead on the booking who makes this request?

Thanks in advance,
Old May 31, 2022, 9:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You will need to call or perhaps you might be able to achieve this using the Chat function to achieve this. I am not certain whether it will need to be the person who made the booking or whether it can be anyone named in the booking.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by gemcan83
My husband and I need to split an upcoming trip into two separate bookings as he may need to change his travel dates due to an imminent death in his family. Do we need to call to do this or is there a way to do it online? And does it have to be the person who is lead on the booking who makes this request?

Thanks in advance,
you need to call.
It is the best of the person who paid calls as its easier to go through security questions. Any passengers on the booking can call but be prepared that BA might need to clear some questions with the person who paid.
I would wait until your husband knows if he needs to change anything or still going back on the original dates. Splitting the booking takes 1 minute for the agent so better to deal with one call than two.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Originally Posted by gemcan83

Thanks in advance,
You can do it online. Just go to your booking and select the Change option against the flight you want to change. It will give you option of change all or selected passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.