Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this normal with the BA app?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Is this normal with the BA app?

So I just booked a BA flight operated by Comair from JNB-CPT for about 3 weeks from now. Just downloaded the BA app as this will be my first BA experience and it's a reservation with 3 people including myself and my dad, both of us share the same name. I put in the confirmation number on the BA app and selected my name and then it said unable to display reservation as more than one people here have the same name. Why is that even a thing and how am I supposed to do things like get a mobile boarding pass? Any workarounds?
Old May 27, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
In my experience, this is not normal. The system has been pretty buggy of late. Keep checking back.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Possible workaround:

If you are a BAEC member and you log into the app with your BAEC details, then the reservation should show if your number is in the booking.

If not then you may be able to access the booking on the desktop site and enter a BAEC number.

If you don't have a BAEC account, now's a good time to create one.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Q - Is it normal for the BA app to not do what you want/need it to?

A - Yes.

(and the website, call centres, CCR, etc...)
Old May 27, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Q - Is it normal for the BA app to not do what you want/need it to?

A - Yes.

(and the website, call centres, CCR, etc...)
Of course, you are correct. Not sure what I was thinking. Guess I’ve become accustomed to just “giving it a few more tries”. it pops up eventually. Though if you are hurried, you can definitely be out of luck. I assume the OP is not so rushed.
ratechaser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.