FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2079432-how-much-amps-can-i-draw-new-clubworld-seat.html)

DYKWIA May 18, 2022 2:12 am

And, it's quite an art to be able to do a wind up that has people thinking, "surely he/she is not serious?".

xenole May 18, 2022 2:29 am

Originally Posted by mguinness (Post 34258308)
If you have until June, maybe consider an ocean liner and/or train for this trip? They'll be far more accommodating to your needs and you shouldn't have any issues at security either.

That makes me think of that tv advert where someone on a train starts plugging in device after device.....

SKT-DK May 18, 2022 2:32 am

OP, if you ask nicely, the captain will let you run an industrial gauge power line straight from one of the engines, round the underside of the wing and through a secret hole from the gear well and into the cabin. That should solve all your needs, as long as I can park my pet elephant on your buddy seat as well - I promise he does not make any noise, so will be no inconvenience to you. :rolleyes:

The "I am a gold member and not afraid to exercise this" comment almost made me shower my laptop in coffee... If "not afraid of doing this", I am afraid his/her best outcome will be marched off in handcuffs...!

GabrielExea May 18, 2022 2:54 am

Okay, I'll bite - If the actual requirement is to eat warm hotdogs on board, could the OP not simply bring an appropriately sized empty thermos through security?

This could then be filled with boiling water (And hotdogs, depending on if cooking time is an issue) by either any restaurant in terminal or potentially lounge attendant, or indeed perhaps on board the aircraft by the crew?

In goes the hotdogs to the hot water, screw the top on, 30 minutes later you have warm hotdogs, no? You'd be limited by thermal mass and the number of hotdogs you wanted to eat if filled in the terminal but, assuming that the crew are willing to refill you would essentially have no limit.

This removes the requirement to cook anything or have any warmer/warming device, and I am pretty sure you're allowed to ask for boiling water on an airplane.

ocprodigy May 18, 2022 3:28 am

Originally Posted by GabrielExea (Post 34259613)
Okay, I'll bite - If the actual requirement is to eat warm hotdogs on board, could the OP not simply bring an appropriately sized empty thermos through security?

This could then be filled with boiling water (And hotdogs, depending on if cooking time is an issue) by either any restaurant in terminal or potentially lounge attendant, or indeed perhaps on board the aircraft by the crew?

In goes the hotdogs to the hot water, screw the top on, 30 minutes later you have warm hotdogs, no? You'd be limited by thermal mass and the number of hotdogs you wanted to eat if filled in the terminal but, assuming that the crew are willing to refill you would essentially have no limit.

This removes the requirement to cook anything or have any warmer/warming device, and I am pretty sure you're allowed to ask for boiling water on an airplane.

Let's not give people ideas on how to cook foods on planes please... I'm imagining what happens when the boiled egg crew realise they can indulge on a plane...

GabrielExea May 18, 2022 3:30 am

Originally Posted by ocprodigy (Post 34259660)
Let's not give people ideas on how to cook foods on planes please... I'm imagining what happens when the boiled egg crew realise they can indulge on a plane...

Surely better than the pickled egg crew...

SKT-DK May 18, 2022 4:17 am

Originally Posted by GabrielExea (Post 34259663)
Surely better than the pickled egg crew...

And not to forget, the Durian crew!

DoctorCopper May 18, 2022 4:24 am

Posted in error

Bmi-fan May 18, 2022 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76 (Post 34257861)
I’m not a meat eater so have no idea as to how you cook them.

Don't rule yourself out Jimmie: after the rusk/fillers/colouring/unmentionables there's probably not much space left for actual meat in these frankfurters :td:

Kgmm77 May 18, 2022 5:32 am

Originally Posted by powershell (Post 34258168)
ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

The advantage of bringing an elephant onboard in this scenario is once it learns how to cook a hotdog onboard it will never forget how to do it again…

PAL62V May 18, 2022 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77 (Post 34259842)
The advantage of bringing an elephant onboard in this scenario is once it learns how to cook a hotdog onboard it will never forget how to do it again…

I thought BA had retired it’s Jumbos.

(I’ll get my coat…..)

muscat May 18, 2022 8:06 am

Taking a cm off the allowed cabin baggage ( for internal dimension) gives you 58080cm3. You could fit 7398 AA batteries in this, and that would give you about 28kwh. Of course you'd need a DC to AC converter, and the weight of your bag might be a bit of a problem, but I'm sure that would work

rockflyertalk May 18, 2022 8:19 am

I'll air this in hope of alerting in good honour...I certainly wouldn't want to sound alarmist or from a doomsday book but I fear we could easily be providing innocent ideas to an online public forum that bad actors could take advantage of.

DaveS May 18, 2022 8:34 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 34260228)
I'll air this in hope of alerting in good honour...I certainly wouldn't want to sound alarmist or from a doomsday book but I fear we could easily be providing innocent ideas to an online public forum that bad actors could take advantage of.

Nothing that would not be picked up by the normal security procedures. Having 7,398 AA batteries in your carry-on is going to need a really good explanation.

golfmad May 18, 2022 8:59 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper (Post 34259730)
Posted in error

Are you referring to post number 1 in this thread?