FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2079432-how-much-amps-can-i-draw-new-clubworld-seat.html)

Cw novice May 16, 2022 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 34254099)
When the FA are off catering the cabin simply walk to the galley and use the outlets that are there. Just close the curtains so other PAX do not ask for a hotdog. Any smell will be hidden because of the catering. If the galley is too busy, the lav is a good second choice. Flip the baby changing table down and use the outlet for shavers. Again any smell will be hidden because well it is the lav.

And use the excuse when challenged that you are using the Club Kitchen as advertised......

golfmad May 16, 2022 9:19 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 34254176)
This has to be a wind-up surely

Please tell me it's not taken you four pages to come to that conclusion? The OP is also listed as a GGLFL which was the first red flag for me. Surely any discerning GGLFL would be looking to cook steaks onboard not hot dogs.

xenole May 16, 2022 9:24 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 34254176)
This has to be a wind-up surely

Well, there are wind-up devices that might well provide enough current.

Ned1968 May 16, 2022 10:01 am

Are you travelling with an emotional support hot dog OP?

Prospero May 16, 2022 10:10 am

Work the problem to reach the solution…..

We know they have some power left in the LEM batteries, right?

We have an umbilical that provides power from the Command Module to the LEM. It's a backup for the LEM power supply.

So, reverse it. Reverse the flow and see if we can draw these four amps from the LEM batteries before we cut it loose. Why can't we do that?

You're gonna lose a lot in the transfer

Yeah, yeah. But all we're talking about here is four amps.

The _Banking_Scot May 16, 2022 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 34254325)

We have an umbilical that provides power from the Command Module to the LEM. It's a backup for the LEM power supply.

So, reverse it. Reverse the flow and see if we can draw these four amps from the LEM batteries before we cut it loose. Why can't we do that?

Failure is NOT an option!:)

TBS

golfmad May 16, 2022 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 34254325)

"And you sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!"

mguinness May 16, 2022 11:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34254079)
I reckon it is 21:45 hrs British "Summer" Time.

CWS, surely you could pull some strings and get his daily post limit upped - the wait is killing us.

corporate-wage-slave May 16, 2022 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mguinness (Post 34254539)
CWS, surely you could pull some strings and get his daily post limit upped - the wait is killing us.

It really would be far easier for me to get someone upgraded from World Traveller to First to SYD than recode Flyertalk. I know my limitations, and we all know the virtue of patience. OK, perhaps some more than others. For all the waiting I feel we still haven't got to the root of this one, so maybe some more speculation is required.

RG1X May 16, 2022 11:36 am

I feel like an all in one solution partially utilising a 300Wh portable power station may be the real answer here.

Get the electronics wizards on the case!

LAX-1K May 16, 2022 11:52 am

All your amps are belong to us

blurt91 May 16, 2022 12:12 pm

Two things spring to mind here...firstly the question should have been How "many" amps, and as someone else correctly pointed out, it is the actual total power in watts that is important...
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows. Dying to see what happens at 21.45 when OP rejoins!

mguinness May 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91 (Post 34254703)
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2aea47f721.jpg
Scotty says that full thrust would be required.

Sigwx May 16, 2022 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91 (Post 34254703)
Two things spring to mind here...firstly the question should have been How "many" amps, and as someone else correctly pointed out, it is the actual total power in watts that is important...
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows. Dying to see what happens at 21.45 when OP rejoins!

Originally Posted by mguinness (Post 34254731)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2aea47f721.jpg
Scotty says that full thrust would be required.

The max output is 4 x ……..

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5b540f9f4.jpeg

Actually have no idea what demand all the Galleys have when all turning scrambled eggs and steak into stone and carbon, all whilst freezing the second service semi-half-well-maybe-a-quarter-sized-wrap.

But I don’t think it’s huge……..well that’s what she said anyway.

Confus May 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew (Post 34253785)
Are the sockets where the cleaners plug in their onboard vacuum cleaners ‘live’ in-flight?

Not sure what sort of plug/socket arrangement it is nor voltage/amperage etc, but if live they may provide 'interesting possibilities' for the OP.

If the cleaners also left the vacuum cleaner on board, the op could also clean up after his hot dog cookery demonstration!

Can’t believe I’m answering with a serious answer… but no, they’re not. IIRC they’re only live when connected to ground power. Potentially also that Boeings require US-design vacuum cleaners, not European, though I have no idea where that recollection comes from.