Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
BA / Finnair Seat Maps / Experiences

Rather annoyingly, my FAO trip in a couple of weeks from Gatters was cancelled, forcing me on to a Finnair operated LHR alternative. even worse, this was then moved from T3 (yay, decent lounges) to T5. But hey, these days we can be thankful if any flight leaves close to on time with bags in tact, so not complaining too hard, yet.

Anyhow, the CE seat maps on Finnair look odd, with row 9 showing no A or F seats, only C / D. Aircraft type is 32B, which doesnt correspond with anything on Aerolopa for either BA or Finnair. Does anyone have recent experiences of this layout and should I be selecting this row or not?

Also, anything else to be looking out for with the Finnair operation. I presume the food will be equally below average...
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The 32B will be Finnair’s A321. Does this seat map correspond with what you are seeing in MMB?

https://www.aerolopa.com/ay-airbus-a321
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Yes, that makes sense - rows 9 and 10 look quite premium given the full size exit doors!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:48 am

Row 9 is not so great and the seats don’t recline. 10A is great, but the left-hand arm-rest is short. opposite to 10F there is a jump-seat. Anyhow, the whole row 10 has ample with leg room.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by layz
Anyone know what economy gets on these flights?
Service and catering are the standard BA product in both cabins. Finnair loads nothing, it’s all from BA. Economy gets the simultaneous crisp crunching (seriously, someone should make an opera) followed by speedbird cafe sales. All as normal, except there are no wifi sales, only direct from the trolley.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Confus
Service and catering are the standard BA product in both cabins. Finnair loads nothing, it’s all from BA. Economy gets the simultaneous crisp crunching (seriously, someone should make an opera) followed by speedbird cafe sales. All as normal, except there are no wifi sales, only direct from the trolley.
Can you pre-order still?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I had the Finnair wet lease today to NUE - nothing to complain about. Left the gate on time just to wait 35min for departure somewhere around the remote T2 stands - crew came proactively out with the bottle of Champagne and plastic cups whilst waiting on the apron! Not sure if BA crew would have done the same...
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Confus
I really enjoyed my recent Finnair for BA flight to Valencia.

The light grey cabin feels much brighter than the BA equivalent and the (obviously very experienced) crew were a delight.

I was struck by how much more pleasant it was than being on BA (even though I am very loyal to BA....)
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:59 am

The exit row at the second set of doors on a Finnair A321 is a great choice if it’s part of Club

becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Joshm300 : You say “great choice if it’s part of Club”. But I would say great choice - especially price-wise - if it’s part of economy 😊

I had this very seat on my Finnair-for-BA outward sector to LJU just a week or so ago (inward was a BA aircraft)

Huge amount of space for a cheap ET fare, and I can only echo comments by WeLoveSpace above regarding AY aircraft interior & crew.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
@ Joshm300 : You say “great choice if it’s part of Club”. But I would say great choice - especially price-wise - if it’s part of economy 😊

I had this very seat on my Finnair-for-BA outward sector to LJU just a week or so ago (inward was a BA aircraft)

Huge amount of space for a cheap ET fare, and I can only echo comments by WeLoveSpace above regarding AY aircraft interior & crew.
Couldn't agree more, unless you were on the now extinct Crystal Travel fare returning from Helsinki the secure another year of Gold! The poster above asked the question regarding CE seating above, hence my club comment.
subject2load likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:11 am

I'm considering bringing my bike box on a (BA-sold, BA-numbered, but possibly operated by) Finnair flight. Am I correct in assuming the same rules as for BA apply? I plan on calling the airline to add the BIKE SSK keyword.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I'm considering bringing my bike box on a (BA-sold, BA-numbered, but possibly operated by) Finnair flight. Am I correct in assuming the same rules as for BA apply? I plan on calling the airline to add the BIKE SSK keyword.
Everything BA applies. It's essentially a mainline BA service.... but just happens to be operated by Finnair aircraft and crew.
13901 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Everything BA applies. It's essentially a mainline BA service.... but just happens to be operated by Finnair aircraft and crew.
Brilliant, thank you.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
I really enjoyed my recent Finnair for BA flight to Valencia.

The light grey cabin feels much brighter than the BA equivalent and the (obviously very experienced) crew were a delight.

I was struck by how much more pleasant it was than being on BA (even though I am very loyal to BA....)
Did they play the Finnair music during boarding and after landing. That music is so relaxing and modern just like the airline. Love Finnair!
becks1 and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.