Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

BA notified us that ZAG-LHR to be operated by Finnair. Flying in Club Europe. Should we expect any changes in the seat or service?

At least this is better than the three flights we had that they cancelled.

Last edited by AlwaysOnTheRoad; May 6, 2022 at 2:58 pm Reason: More detail
Old May 6, 2022, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The crew will be Finnair, which is the whole point of this rather than the aircraft, but the food and bars will be the usual BA service and they will get a crib sheet to help them stick more or less to BA's service standards. No Finnair glassware. In theory you can be rebooked to other services because of this, but I can't see much point in that.
becks1 and m8_rotate like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Just had an email from BA that our flights to/from Faro in June/July will be operated by Finnair. Hopefully it will be more reliable. Wonder if they are focusing on T3 flights for this switch
Old May 6, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Just had an email from BA that our flights to/from Faro in June/July will be operated by Finnair. Hopefully it will be more reliable. Wonder if they are focusing on T3 flights for this switch
Yes. it looks like it as my T3 flight from another destination has also switched. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the swap, though wish I could get the OWE free drink that is usual on AY services! (just kidding)
m8_rotate likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The crew will be Finnair, which is the whole point of this rather than the aircraft, but the food and bars will be the usual BA service and they will get a crib sheet to help them stick more or less to BA's service standards. No Finnair glassware. In theory you can be rebooked to other services because of this, but I can't see much point in that.
I've had an email today advising this on one of my bookings, but there's four flights on the booking and it doesn't state which flight /flights are involved. Is there any way to find out? Thanks.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I've had an email today advising this on one of my bookings, but there's four flights on the booking but it doesn't state which flight /flights are involved. Is there any way to find out? Thanks.
The seat map may give some clues, but if you look them up on
ba.com/schedules
it will tell you the operator.
becks1 and m8_rotate like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:20 pm

I've had an email today advising this on one of my bookings, but there's four flights on the booking and it doesn't state which flight /flights are involved. Is there any way to find out? Thanks.
Yes. If you go into MMB in the flight details section it tells you who the flight is being operated by
Old May 6, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Just received similar email myself …… mine relates to a short trip (in late June) to LJU.

As above, not yet clear whether it covers both outward and / or return sectors, though it doesn’t really bother me. Just a shame to learn from c-w-s that the wetlease arrangement maintains - as is customary ? - normal BA service standards, rather than Finnair’s. The latter would have been a bit of a result
Reason077 and becks1 like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Yes. If you go into MMB in the flight details section it tells you who the flight is being operated by
In MMB all four flights in the booking show as operated by BA, but one of the seat plans is as follows, so I'm assuming it's this one? It states it's 32B equipment.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Yep, LHR to MRS in July changed to Operated by AY, and the seat map has changed completely. Rebooked passengers into exit rows. AY metal?
Old May 6, 2022, 4:17 pm

Just looked at standard flight availability on the mobile app and the display clearly states operated by Finnair immediately.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
In MMB all four flights in the booking show as operated by BA, but one of the seat plans is as follows, so I'm assuming it's this one? It states it's 32B equipment.
That seat plan is BA’s A321, the older version, that is currently still in storage.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by gcuk
That seat plan is BA’s A321, the older version, that is currently still in storage.
it is also the seat map for the Finnair operated services which are on A321s - I got the same on a flight from Heathrow to Faro last Thursday.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC
32B is indeed Finnair’s A321. It is an A321 with sharklets.

If it was a BA A321, it would simply be 321.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Zero chance - I presume - that we will see any of Finnair’s A350’s ….. ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.