Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
I was on a later Finnair operated BCN-LHR run on the same day. I agree that the Finnair crews are professional and well presented. Service was fine in Club, and the seats seemed reasonably comfortable, despite the cabin interior appearing a bit dated compared to BA metal. So nothing to worry about for short hauls at least with Finnair, unless you are desperate for seat power or to pay for wifi!

Regards, PR
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by PorcoRosso
I was on a later Finnair operated BCN-LHR run on the same day. I agree that the Finnair crews are professional and well presented. Service was fine in Club, and the seats seemed reasonably comfortable, despite the cabin interior appearing a bit dated compared to BA metal. So nothing to worry about for short hauls at least with Finnair, unless you are desperate for seat power or to pay for wifi!

Regards, PR
guess we may have been on the same flight if you were on BA489 on sat evening. I think that’s the last flight to leave BCN to LHR each evening?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Interestingly on a AA booking involving an ARN - LHR segment, when the plane was changed from BA metal to Finnair that cancelled that segment on my booking, and I had to be manually rebooked onto the same service (albeit now operated by Finnair).
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
Originally Posted by DXB2745
guess we may have been on the same flight if you were on BA489 on sat evening. I think that’s the last flight to leave BCN to LHR each evening?
Yes - was on the 489 - small world!

Regards, PR
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Flew LHR ATH in Y on such a flight. A Rosa Klebb type FA confiscated the beer I had liberated from the lounge and gave me a public bollocking.
I had sharp words with the cabin manager as I got off.
As operating carrier, Finnair can impose its own rules when it comes to matters they consider safety-related, which includes banning consumption of one’s own alcohol. BA can’t force or impose their own rules on this - though actually, it’s BA that’s the odd one out in actually permitting it, most airlines don’t.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have just noticed that my ARN - LHR flight on 30th December is operated by Finnair on behalf of BA. No notification from BA whatsoever. Will be interesting to experience them as a carrier as I have never flown with them before.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I have just noticed that my ARN - LHR flight on 30th December is operated by Finnair on behalf of BA. No notification from BA whatsoever. Will be interesting to experience them as a carrier as I have never flown with them before.
Almost no discernible difference at all. The seats are obviously slightly different and no middle table in J, but apart from that, the Finnair staff carry out the BA service well. On the 4 sectors I've done with them they've been very hospitable.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA silver
To reiterate

Flew Y on an AY operated BA flight. I was stone cold sober.

a hatchet faced harridan confiscated a beer I had “liberated” from the LHR lounge. Public bollocking too.

if there is ever a remake of “from Russia with love” she’s the new Rosa Klebb. Good luck.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:46 pm

To reiterate

a hatchet faced harridan confiscated a beer I had “liberated” from the LHR lounge. Public bollocking too.

if there is ever a remake of “from Russia with love” she’s the new Rosa Klebb. Good luck.
Same happened to me! AY LHR-HEL. They very strict about it.

I think BA is unusual in allowing it however this could be because UK is unusual in not banning consumption of own booze on flights (unlike US where there federal law banning consumption of own booze on plane).
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:08 pm

To reiterate

yes AY do not allow you to consume your own alcohol on board. It’s stated at the top of the safety card. As they are the carrier, they are free to have this in place. Is this really such a big deal? BA is very unique in allowing pax to drink themselves into a stupor from the pax’s own inventory.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by DXB2745
yes AY do not allow you to consume your own alcohol on board. It’s stated at the top of the safety card. As they are the carrier, they are free to have this in place. Is this really such a big deal? BA is very unique in allowing pax to drink themselves into a stupor from the pax’s own inventory.
I think it is very fitting as the national carrier of the United Kingdom to allow this.
In my vast travels and life abroad, nothing matches the British drinking culture. Whole other level!
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by c1223
Interestingly on a AA booking involving an ARN - LHR segment, when the plane was changed from BA metal to Finnair that cancelled that segment on my booking, and I had to be manually rebooked onto the same service (albeit now operated by Finnair).
Our daughter's friend had precisely this issue with her ARN - LHR segment. She was originally booked on the AA codeshare and then rebooked on the BA prime flight number. However, the BA record locator had no ticket number and so she couldn't check in. It was her first trip to the UK / Europe and she got herself quite upset by it all. BA were telling her that she just needed to check in at the airport while AA was telling her everything was fine on their end. It took a lot of time and effort to get AA to reissue the ticket so that the BA side of things updated with the ticket number. As soon as they did, the AA app showed a new BA PNR and it had the correct ticket number against it and she could check in successfully.

Originally Posted by Geordie405
I have to say I was quite impressed by my first Finnair flight. We were all in the Euro Traveller cabin but the service was efficient and the cabin crew were friendly and did a good job of the BA service. We even landed early. And then parked on a remote stand, with a delay getting the guidance turned on, and then no buses. The Finnair captain was clearly quite exasperated.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Out of interest, does anybody know how far into 2024 Finnair are contracted. With BA still having shorthaul aircraft in storage, is the issue spares availability or staffing levels?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Out of interest, does anybody know how far into 2024 Finnair are contracted. With BA still having shorthaul aircraft in storage, is the issue spares availability or staffing levels?
Until the end of W23 - so 30 March 2024.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe
But with BA's flight crew shortage, I would bet that will be extended. BA will be struggling to crew the schedule throughout 2024, despite the best efforts of training.
TedToToe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.