Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Tim_T
small positive, got thru to BA on the phone with no wait. Unfortunately they don’t have an agreement with Aer Lingus for the direct MAN to MCO flight so had to switch to a different connecting flight from Glasgow. Less time in bed but more time in the lounge
I think Anonba mentioned that EI is now part of the rebooking options for JBA bookings.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA1483 GLA LHR now cancelled on 7th August, re-booked to earlier flight but now long layover but maybe not a bad thing.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by alex67500
I think Anonba mentioned that EI is now part of the rebooking options for JBA bookings.
I did ask but was told the only agreement was for London to Dublin flights
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
1417 / 1416 BHD -LHR on Aug 12 and 14 just cancelled. Fortunately later flights were available and suited us.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FEMW
Just had BA1441 EDI-LHR cancelled on 23/8. This was an avios booking to connect to LHR-SFO same day at 1400. MMB only says cancel booking when I click on Rebooking option. I don’t know how best to do this. I’m deaf so really don’t want to try to phone so looking at best options.
It may be that the replacement services will be linked into your booking shortly, they don't necessarily get updated immediately. So leave it until tomorrow and look again. You can also rebook out of NCL or GLA is you prefer, and BA can arrange an LNER rail ticket to replace the domestic service in MMB. At the moment it would be the 06:50 departure from EDI since so many other services are now full or cancelled.

You can get someone else appointed to your BAEC account to manage telephone bookings for you, details of this in Manage Executive Club, and there is now a BSL provision at the contact centre.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-relay-service
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:33 pm
tor

LHR-ABZ cancelled - no availability same day, but connections available on Loganair on BA codeshare (via Belfast). Phoned up - they said it was not possible to go on Loganair codeshare. I've done it in the past. Is this a HUCA?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think codeshares on LM are ok for same day cancellations. But there is an option to rebook on LNER if that works for you? BA contact centres can arrange this directly.
tor likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:59 pm
tor

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think codeshares on LM are ok for same day cancellations. But there is an option to rebook on LNER if that works for you? BA contact centres can arrange this directly.
I was told train only available to INV! 2 hours wasted on phone!

Is there any sort of BA website that states these rules that I can helpfully point them towards?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by tor
I was told train only available to INV! 2 hours wasted on phone!

Is there any sort of BA website that states these rules that I can helpfully point them towards?
Hang up and call again, I fear you may have hit a competency issue, being as polite as I can about this. It's on the last page of the rebooking guidelines for the entry 9B. 9B is the "airline" code for LNER. They must have seen this since the layout then says "ABZ/INV" but that does NOT mean ABZ-INV! The full sentence is "LNER operated sectors between QQK and ABZ/INV/LBA/NCL & ZXE", where QQK is King's Cross and ZXE is Edinburgh.
choosethedrew, alex67500 and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Looks like there have been massive cuts to both the MAN and JER schedules today. Was due to fly MAN-LHR-JER on 7 Aug and both legs were cancelled. Lots of others in JER have had similar emails today.

Took the refund and rebooked with EZY this time.
Parkdesigner and Mater like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:42 am

Cancelled domestic connection - options

Flying SAN to NCL end August.

Domestic connection from LHR to NCL has been cancelled, causing an almost 8 hour wait at LHR for next connection. If we elect to travel the next day from SAN, a much better connection exists. Would I be responsible for another night SAN hotel, or can this be claimed from BA?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Mater

Domestic connection from LHR to NCL has been cancelled, causing an almost 8 hour wait at LHR for next connection. If we elect to travel the next day from SAN, a much better connection exists. Would I be responsible for another night SAN hotel, or can this be claimed from BA?
However, what if that connection is also cancelled? You cant just keep moving the flights back and back - however, yes you can ask ( I would too )....
Mater likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Mater

Where youi choose a new flight option, as opposed to accepting one imposed on you, then you are responsible for any hotel costs if they would have been avoided via other flights.
Mater likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Apologies, slightly OT as it is a Sep flight.

MAN-LHR BA1407 25 Sep 2005-2105 cancelled.
I’m teaching on a course, could ask to leave at 4 but only option they are providing on the same day is the BA1399 that departs at 1605- would be very different asking to leave at 1400/1430.
They did offer flying the next day, but I have a clinical shift in London so this isn’t an option with time to get down in time.

First agent has refused the reroute via AMS or CDG, both scheduled 1725. Is it reasonable to phone and ask again/for it to be escalated? Appreciate I could get the train if all else fails- but after taxi, F ticket it’s £130 and no TPs so considering options.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
These cancellations can have significant cost implications. I've had flights to JFK and Athens cancelled (separate trips!) and the alternatives in both cases require an additional hotel night at my expense as BA as getting me there earlier than planned (going later would have caused me to miss other commitments). That's £500 in extra costs so far thanks to HAL/BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.