Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA at T3 - check-in, security etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
In T3 as we speak. Check in (Club) was very quick, short queue but only took a couple minutes. “Fast track” security is hilariously wrongly named. Fairly long queue outside it which is taking a long old time to move.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Unfortunately I always found fast track at T3 pretty poor. Sadly they still have the old style loading stations so even if you have both lanes open it seems to move slowly as you are held up as soon as you get a slow person unpacking.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
In T3 now. All just feels a bit slower than T5. Arrived at T3 long stay at 5.30 and bus to terminal arrived 5.45 - of course it’s a bit longer to get to T3 as the bus stops at T2 first.

Anyway was at T3 at 6am. No queue at all at F Checkin and maybe 20 people in the general checkin queues.

Fast Track had no auto gates open, just the one with the member of staff. Both lines open but 18 people that I could see in front of me which meant that the queue was back to the desk.

The queue grew to about 5 people behind me - with one older couple announcing loudly to nobody in particular that there were a lot of people in fast track.

Slow progress through fast track, with no trays moving on either belt and the lady on x rays keeping getting up and telling passengers that the empty trays don’t stack themselves. Turned out she was right as most of the glacial progress seemed to be due to trays emptied and then left by passengers bunging up the whole shebang.

That said, I was through security in about 15 minutes but I have to say that the passengers don’t seem as prepared in T3 as they are in T5 First Wing.

So, not lightning quick at T3 at 6am today - but not bad.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
People not putting their empty trays away is a major pet peeve of mine.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Urgh… and at the gate, the senior gate agent announces loudly that we will be boarding strictly by group number - then announces kids under 5 and Group 1,2,3,4,5 all in one go. No concept of priority boarding. Wouldn’t have been difficult in any way to do it properly.
MaxFlyer and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Went through T3 at LHR on Saturday 30th April about 11:30am. Queue for fast track was out 15 people down the corridor outside but not fast. I'd say it took about 30 minutes to get through. Built up significantly behind us during that time so we were lucky. Main security's queue was waaaay down the corridor and about to double back on itself but seemed to move quicker.

Cathay Pacific loung was quiet and excellent as always. How can they make curry that tasty?
Old May 2, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thursday 28th April, arrived at 6:30am. No queues at check in. Fast Track security took 20 minutes so nothing too dramatic.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying through T3 on BA next week with a family group of 6. I'm gold, other half is silver, and other 4 are blue. How many can we each guest through fast track?
Old May 17, 2022, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by barneyb
Flying through T3 on BA next week with a family group of 6. I'm gold, other half is silver, and other 4 are blue. How many can we each guest through fast track?
That's 2 status holders and 2 guests. so in principle you have to select your favourite pair of cost centres. If one of the little travellers is near 2 years old then that can go fast track. If this is part of the half term rush then you can imagine they will be fairly strict on the rules. So your other option is to see if you can travel in Club or First. That said, Fast Track T3 isn't amazingly faster than normal security in my experience, and can be worse.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's 2 status holders and 2 guests. so in principle you have to select your favourite pair of cost centres. If one of the little travellers is near 2 years old then that can go fast track. If this is part of the half term rush then you can imagine they will be fairly strict on the rules. So your other option is to see if you can travel in Club or First. That said, Fast Track T3 isn't amazingly faster than normal security in my experience, and can be worse.
Absolutely agree on security- it's never been horrific, but it can be pretty sluggish. On my most recent visit last week, it was very slow, but that was due to the incredible slowness of practically everyone using it. In contrast, at First Wing, people seem to be very quick at disgorging their pockets, liquids etc (as you would expect)- whereas at T3 Fast Track it does feel as though many users are actually quite infrequent travellers.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks both. Agree it's never the quickest, and probably better to join the normal queue rather than try and be turned away. The rest of the group are all equally nervous adult travellers so safest to stick together and get to the Amex lounge as quick as possible where we can guest everyone in.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barneyb
Also be aware when T3 Fast Track “should” open vs when it does. It was half an hour past opening time before it pulled the shutter up a few weeks ago and the queue filtered through to an already busy lane. I sometimes think Fast Track is more placebo than panacea.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Also be aware when T3 Fast Track “should” open vs when it does. It was half an hour past opening time before it pulled the shutter up a few weeks ago and the queue filtered through to an already busy lane. I sometimes think Fast Track is more placebo than panacea.
Always amused to see people joining a fast track or priority queue that is longer than the standard one.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
At t3 now. All up escalators closed except the one in f to manage the queue.

Queue is huge. They are calling people out of the queue etc. fastrack ok
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Bronze :(
That isn't good - Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long. I'm flying out of here in a month, hopefully things have improved since then (apart from the Fast Track, which will never improve)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.