Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missed connection woes - is there anything more I could have done?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missed connection woes - is there anything more I could have done?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by jmd
I’m guessing EC261 is out of the question given that the issue in MCO was out of BA’s control (not that I’m really bothered about it anyway). On the upside, the crew on the MCO-LGW in CW were absolutely excellent - BA at their best.
There was a ruling against IB a couple of years ago. The first flight was delayed, so IB had expected the passenger to miss the connecting flight, but the passenger still made it. The European Court of Justice ruled that this was a case of involuntarily denied boarding.

In your case, it sounds as if you arrived to LHR in time for the connecting flight but that BA had offloaded you because it was expected that you wouldn't make it. It sounds very similar to the IB ruling, so I can't see why you wouldn't get your compensation.

If you make it in time for your connecting flight, it doesn't matter for what reason the first flight was delayed.
StingWest, bafan and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Fully agree. Yet in any company there are people thrusted into decision-making capacity who hide behind the anonymity of “the other end of the phone line” or “system says no” - yet are callously devoid of empathy because they don’t front the customer.
Saying no, does not imply that the person has no empathy , just that they are saying no

In the OPs case, would seem that there should be entitlement to compensation of GBP22 for the delay due to denial of boarding of the domestic flight
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Looking at last night's departure list from MCO from 16:00 to 18:00 last night, I would estimate that about half the flights were over an hour late, with substantial minority being over 2 hours late, and several flights dellayed longer than BA's service. AA and Frontier cancelled a serivce apiece, and jetBlue had a service delayed by 4 hours. The flights that were on time were to places like CLT, which presumably would not have lots of checked luggage from family vacations to worry about.
The direct comparators, the Virgin services to LHR (2x) and MAN, were 28 minutes, 2 minutes, and 17 minutes late according to FlightRadar. Whereas the BA's were 166 minutes and 192 minutes late on 24 April.

The truth is that it's excuse after excuse: the BA204 to LHR and the BA 2036 (to a lesser extent) have terrible on-time performance:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba204

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba2036
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cauchy
The direct comparators, the Virgin services to LHR (2x) and MAN, were 28 minutes, 2 minutes, and 17 minutes late according to FlightRadar. Whereas the BA's were 166 minutes and 192 minutes late on 24 April.
But Virgin is in Terminal A, BA is over the other side in Terminal B, and that was where the baggage belt stopped operating.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But Virgin is in Terminal A, BA is over the other side in Terminal B, and that was where the baggage belt stopped operating.
Ah, fair enough then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.