Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any guidance on how to find deals for TP runs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any guidance on how to find deals for TP runs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Smile Any guidance on how to find deals for TP runs?

Changing the subject a little, can anyone offer any guidance on how to find deals for TP runs? I know this thread relates to status, and I know there is a dedicated thread and wiki for TP runs, but that thread is quite frankly overwhelming. I only need a TP run due to losing status. I am like to require around 400 before Aug. Based in EDI.

I guess the worst place to start is BA.com but are there tips and tricks to use ITA Matrix or other websites?

sorry for taking the thread off topic, but it’s still relevant as I know lots of people in this thread are in the same boat.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Changing the subject a little, can anyone offer any guidance on how to find deals for TP runs? I know this thread relates to status, and I know there is a dedicated thread and wiki for TP runs, but that thread is quite frankly overwhelming. I only need a TP run due to losing status. I am like to require around 400 before Aug. Based in EDI.

I guess the worst place to start is BA.com but are there tips and tricks to use ITA Matrix or other websites?

sorry for taking the thread off topic, but it’s still relevant as I know lots of people in this thread are in the same boat.
Buy a BA holiday in Greece, Cyprus, Egypt or Turkey ex-EDI - this will earn you double tps - so 480 instead of 240 (40+80+80+40)
SxMan and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Thanks, I looked into BAH but it seems to be minimum 5 nights, which I can’t juggle unfortunately. Needs to be flights only.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:03 am

Thanks, I looked into BAH but it seems to be minimum 5 nights, which I can’t juggle unfortunately. Needs to be flights only.
You could just check into the hotel (get the cheapest), then fly back to EDI (direct), then back out again for the return BAH flight.

A bit complicated, but might work out cheaper, and less travelling, than a long haul TP run.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I know this thread relates to status, and I know there is a dedicated thread and wiki for TP runs, but that thread is quite frankly overwhelming.
This thread might well have run its course, but I'm not sure you've found a good reason to divert it to a subject covered in depth elsewhere.

Maybe steel yourself to a half hour of reading through recent pages of that other thread: I think you'll find opportunities focus on only a few key areas. The premium-travel forum, and our own doubleTP holiday thread might also be of interest: although the holidays are generally wildly over-priced they carry some TP comfort.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-bookings.html

and, of course:
BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Tirana is a decent 160 point destination, as is Sofia. Malta can be a bit pricey. Do two of those for 320 points and then you just need a domestic return in (e.g. a b2b LON - GLA/EDI ) and there's your 400 TPs.

Google flights will show you price trends and let you search for lowest fares.

Also, don't forget the cheapest fares feature in the BA app which I've often found quite helpful when looking for ideas.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
see the other thread for the cheap LHR-HEL fares (through Travelup). As above, two of these + 2 return trips EDI-LHR gets you to 400. And if you choose the right flights, the LHR-HEL legs can be on an A350 with flat beds, much better than BA to SOF
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by danmushman
see the other thread for the cheap LHR-HEL fares (through Travelup). As above, two of these + 2 return trips EDI-LHR gets you to 400. And if you choose the right flights, the LHR-HEL legs can be on an A350 with flat beds, much better than BA to SOF
I didn't suggest that because Finnair can be a bit pricey compared to a quick trip to TIA/SOF and the point of a TP run is to get your TPs for the least amount of money.

From an experience POV, I completely agree that it would be a much nicer trip.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
You could (?still can) get LHR-HEL return for sub £250 with wide-open availability through the 3rd party agents. Not much more than SOF.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danmushman
You could (?still can) get LHR-HEL return for sub £250 with wide-open availability through the 3rd party agents. Not much more than SOF.
yes i think still available via crystal travel and travelup
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
What's the best way to search for flights on crystal travel please?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
What's the best way to search for flights on crystal travel please?
Just use Skyscanner or Google Flights for searching the flights and you'll see the cheapest option for Business on LHR-HEL-LHR offered on Crystal Travel or TravelUp.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thank you! Sub 250 for a trip in biz to Helsinki is very tempting
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
Thank you! Sub 250 for a trip in biz to Helsinki is very tempting
I think that's for a 4 or 5 day stay. A same day return is £280 odd if I remember correctly
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gforce
I think that's for a 4 or 5 day stay. A same day return is £280 odd if I remember correctly
its 250 if you do Saturday out and Sunday back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.