Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to self cater in Club World ex LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Has it really got to the stage now that one pays a fortune for a club seat and brings in food? Might seem a daft solution, but goodness sake, just go by another carrier. Surely self catering and choosing BA is just playing into BA hands all being rubbed with glee. Might as well bring cleaning products with you as well!!
I've been cleaning around my BA seat for years, and yes, today I also brought food on board.

If I had better options for my destinations I'd be using them.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I took some M&S salt and vinegar peanuts which I’m rather partial to on board yesterday. There was then an announcement on boarding that there was a nut allergy and no nuts to be eaten!!! However first drinks came with two packs of pretzels, and I grabbed some more after. Went to the galley about five hours in and only walkers biscuits available - nothing at all in the “club kitchen”
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Hmmm ……. but in fairness we’re discussing current standard catering in Club World. No worries about LPGS running out in CW ….. zero chance of it being offered to start with !
But is it just the thin end of the wedge?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by TTmex
Be sure to leave a note on it reading "My sandwich" and hope nobody is brave enough to swipe it while you're busy watching a movie. But on a serious note I think you can't technically store any food as such as the airline may feel potentially liable for any problems later. Will just depend on the crew I guess
as long as you're using the generic "My" sandwich, why not simplifly it to "day old sandwich" That ought to keep the flies off

Oh wait that's about what they serve in flight to begin with
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Afternoon tea sandwiches (2) yesterday were very tasty indeed. But I’d rather have more sandwich and not the scone / cake. I don’t have a sweet tooth definitely prefer more savoury
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
I did a Yo Sushi! order at T3 last month. I was flying VS UC and I have nothing against their dining, but I just fancied sushi. They also sold Coke Zero, so ordered a few cans of that for the flight too. For anyone who likes sushi, it’s obviously not the greatest, but I’d still prefer that over anything offered on board.

(OT, does any airline offer Coke Zero on board yet? Please say BA for our flight this month! If not, I’m guessing it’s readily available at WH Smith & Boots etc?)
BA have been serving Coke Zero for quite some time. And yes, it is available in the terminal too 👍🏻
VictorSierra likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Deaf78
I love this idea and gutted that F&M only serve terminal 5. We will be departing from terminal 3. Any similar ideas for T3?
You are in T3, home of the best lounges. Eat there and don't worry about on board catering
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by VictorSierra
I did a Yo Sushi! order at T3 last month. I was flying VS UC and I have nothing against their dining, but I just fancied sushi. They also sold Coke Zero, so ordered a few cans of that for the flight too. For anyone who likes sushi, it’s obviously not the greatest, but I’d still prefer that over anything offered on board.

(OT, does any airline offer Coke Zero on board yet? Please say BA for our flight this month! If not, I’m guessing it’s readily available at WH Smith & Boots etc?)
I had Coke Zero on LH and SH BA flights within the past few weeks. Hope it’s there for you!
VictorSierra likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by danmushman
what about sticking your snack in the CW galley drinks fridge? last time on my flight back from LAS-LHR it was empty half a bottle of mineral water and what was left of a bottle of champagne. There weren't any glasses or drinks vessels to be had so I assume we were expected to swig directly from the bottles?
So if they're not utilising it properly, they should let you keep your food refrigerated
Originally Posted by TTmex
Be sure to leave a note on it reading "My sandwich" and hope nobody is brave enough to swipe it while you're busy watching a movie. But on a serious note I think you can't technically store any food as such as the airline may feel potentially liable for any problems later. Will just depend on the crew I guess
At this rate, one might as well bring a mini fridge onboard, and plug it into the universal power outlet. Store the vittles in the fridge, and the fridge in the overhead for takeoff and landing. Bring it out during cruising altitude. Finding one that's an acceptable size and weight (and with wheels) for hand baggage will be the real issue. (Having a laugh of course, but... maybe not entirely?)
TTmex and danmushman like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:15 pm

It’s not just CW where the food is now so dire.

Last trip in F, I brought the Seafood Platter from Prunier & Cavier in T5 on board.

The crew kindly offered to put it in the fridge on boarding and plated it up later for me (I get the impression it’s not uncommon).
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
bit sad to see the standard has degraded so much to an extent we are seeing the same old boring chicken leek bloody pie for almost a year now.....menu diversity has nothing to do with costs or COVID, just screams laziness all around and lack of effort.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by JezzaG
…………………………………

…………………………………….

The crew kindly offered to put it in the fridge on boarding and plated it up later for me (I get the impression it’s not uncommon).

Wow …… you sure had a great crew !!

Impressive customer service on their part. All credit to them 👏👏
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by JezzaG
It’s not just CW where the food is now so dire.

Last trip in F, I brought the Seafood Platter from Prunier & Cavier in T5 on board.

Originally Posted by subject2load
Wow …… you sure had a great crew !!

Impressive customer service on their part. All credit to them 👏👏
"Our first class service, is, the finest, in the world. Upon boarding, one is served, champagne, and canapes. Then it's a five course lunch, with wine... ten minutes after that, we serve sandwiches and scones. And after that, it's dinner! Followed by a cheeseboard, and liqueurs. Then you're forced fed a whole box of chocolate truffles... then we darken the cabin for a few seconds, and you're served a Full. Ennnnglisssh. Breakfast."
ENTP and WSTC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.