Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Have to say, I find that email ludicrous, and I'd be properly angry if it had been sent to me.
For British Airways to claim that "flying again after nearly two years on the ground" is challenging and that they are struggling with "[passenger] levels we have not experienced or had to manage in more than two years" is obscene, given that just over two months ago the CEO of BA was demanding that all covid restrictions be removed and that they be allowed to carry passengers freely again.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
In T3 now. BA CE checkin was reasonably short queue, maybe 10-15 mins, fast track another maybe 15 mins because they wouldn’t allow use of the auto boarding pass scanner. CX lounge very quiet, centurion lounge middling. Flight still on schedule fingers crossed will be ok.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thankfully averted for now

BBC: Heathrow Airport baggage handler strike suspended after pay offer
Silver Fox, T8191 and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
Here's a thought, if you can't handle the flights, don't sell the tickets.
Which is exactly what they have done. They’ve realised they can’t cope over the next fortnight and have essentially closed off sale on those flights. Plenty of discussion about it on the other thread.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:16 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
For British Airways to claim that "flying again after nearly two years on the ground" is challenging and that they are struggling with "[passenger] levels we have not experienced or had to manage in more than two years" is obscene, given that just over two months ago the CEO of BA was demanding that all covid restrictions be removed and that they be allowed to carry passengers freely again.
.....as was John Holland-Kaye, the CEO of Heathrow Airport, campaigning on TV every week in the last few months for the restrictions to be lifted, usually adding, "we are ready"
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:19 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Confus
Which is exactly what they have done. They’ve realised they can’t cope over the next fortnight and have essentially closed off sale on those flights. Plenty of discussion about it on the other thread.
Rearrange these words, "horse, stable door, has, shutting, bolted, after......and insert a couple of "the" at your leisure.
RG1X likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
The worst has happened in T3. Qantas temporarily ran out of squid.

Otherwise we seem to be on the flight on time.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by benjai

…….
Are you able to confirm no such tragedies affecting the Gin Bar ……. 😳🤔 ?
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
.....as was John Holland-Kaye, the CEO of Heathrow Airport, campaigning on TV every week in the last few months for the restrictions to be lifted, usually adding, "we are ready"
I agree, although in the main it's not (HAL-operated) security that's causing these problems.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:08 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Genius1
I agree, although in the main it's not (HAL-operated) security that's causing these problems.
Not had a problem even once with security (either on the outbound from LHR or Immigration on the way back) in the last few months at LHR. Many problems though with no staff being available to meet aircraft at the gate, no tug drivers available for push back, broken tugs - and no bus drivers when we have parked at a remote stand.

I can never remember who operates what at T5, whether any/all of these are BA or Heathrow or a combination of the two. But at the end of the day it is one huge cock-up between them, both having campaigned for restrictions to be removed, both having claimed, "we're ready"
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
T5 this morning was busy (Iberia and American check in desks particularly so) but nothing too bad- probably normal for pre pandemic holidays to be honest. Little queue at the club check in and none at the first wing. GF was pretty rammed with mostly single seats available; flight up to GLA pushed back on time as well.

Oddly my flights out of LHR tomorrow have the red message about disruption however it requests that if you wish to change then it has to be done over the phone so even more functionality removed from the website; last week i could change flights on the website. Why heap more pressure on the call centres?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by benjai

Otherwise we seem to be on the flight on time.
What a calamaratous error that was.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
Not had a problem even once with security (either on the outbound from LHR or Immigration on the way back) in the last few months at LHR. Many problems though with no staff being available to meet aircraft at the gate, no tug drivers available for push back, broken tugs - and no bus drivers when we have parked at a remote stand.

I can never remember who operates what at T5, whether any/all of these are BA or Heathrow or a combination of the two. But at the end of the day it is one huge cock-up between them, both having campaigned for restrictions to be removed, both having claimed, "we're ready"
Well, from an ATC point of view, the non-BA areas of the airport all seem to be running fine.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BOH

I can never remember who operates what at T5, whether any/all of these are BA or Heathrow or a combination of the two.
Security is Heathrow.
Immigration is Home Office / Border Force (ie. the Government).
Everything else you've listed is BA and for other airlines either the airline or their handler.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Confus
Which is the other thread? I’m trying to find a thread discussing the sky high prices at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.