Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Just teeing up this thread given tomorrow is the first day of school holidays and a Saturday so people can share pictures of first wing queues snaking back to Zone A...
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by firstlight
Just teeing up this thread given tomorrow is the first day of school holidays and a Saturday so people can share pictures of first wing queues snaking back to Zone A...
As of today 830am they are queuing to the elevators from the Piccadilly line at T2
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Duck1981
As of today 830am they are queuing to the elevators from the Piccadilly line at T2
wow, the line for t5 ba pax stretches all the way to T2 now?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
wow, the line for t5 ba pax stretches all the way to T2 now?

Simply referring to the queue for Star Alliance pax from T2 of course
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I will be flying with the full clan next Saturday but connecting from EDI so will sadly miss the landside T5 fun....

However, sadly have multiple non-Verifly-verifiable things to deal with at a check-in desk (although HBO); any word on being able to hop down to the BA desks at EDI (or LHR for others) the night before when it might be quieter to get BPs printed?

I know twilight check-in used to be "a thing".
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazy8534
However, sadly have multiple non-Verifly-verifiable things to deal with at a check-in desk (although HBO); any word on being able to hop down to the BA desks at EDI (or LHR for others) the night before when it might be quieter to get BPs printed?

A number of people have asked, no-one has found out / reported back, so now it's your turn. The last person found out OLCI did work belatedly for them so that's why they didn't need to go down for it.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A number of people have asked, no-one has found out / reported back, so now it's your turn. The last person found out OLCI did work belatedly for them so that's why they didn't need to go down for it.
Mission accepted CWS!

First it was the T5 to T3 times, now this.
I feel like a boy scout about to earn his first badge.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Slightly OT, but since I'm (hopefully) flying tomorrow with family...

If I've dropped all checked bags with AirPortr, have done VeriFly and have BPs, can I go straight to security - or do you still need to get documents checked at a desk? Heading to France.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by jimcbob

If I've dropped all checked bags with AirPortr, have done VeriFly and have BPs, can I go straight to security - or do you still need to get documents checked at a desk? Heading to France.
Straight to security!
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jimcbob

You should go straight to security.
The _Banking_Scot and wrp96 like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
[QUOTE=jimcbob;34126172]Slightly OT, but since I'm (hopefully) flying tomorrow with family...

If I've dropped all checked bags with AirPortr, have done VeriFly and have BPs, can I go straight to security - or do you still need to get documents checked at a desk? Heading to France.[/QUOTE

Hi

If you all have your boarding passes then you should be good to go straight to security

Regards

Tbs
ah too slow again thanks to autocorrect
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Sounds awful, luckily I will be flying from Manchester instead next week.

oh... wait...
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Duck1981
It’s almost as if the issues aren’t unique to BA …………
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:19 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Is tomorrow first day of school holidays? Would have thought more likely next weekend (Sat 9th)?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I will be flying with the full clan next Saturday but connecting from EDI so will sadly miss the landside T5 fun....

I'm also flying next Saturday and intend to try the same thing if OLCI doesn't work.
crazy8534 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.