Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Assigned Middle Seat in Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The outcome of this case will not set any legal precedent.
Which is what I was trying to say.... perhaps I didnt make myself clear enough 🙄
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
personally i think for no food loaded you should be entitled to some comp, maybe a few thousand avios.
Data point from another carrier that had an unexpected catering strike causing precisely this, but they responded (after awhile) with a travel voucher for EUR80 for lack of catering (no food at all, no drink except water). It was a European flight of around 2-2.5 hours, so not the end of the world, but also not nice if you’ve paid a premium for service.

I personally thought the EUR80 offer pretty generous, and it left me feeling that the carrier genuinely was sorry for what had happened, and wanted me to give them another chance (obviously the voucher only has value to me if I fly them again…)
camdentown likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Data point from another carrier that had an unexpected catering strike causing precisely this, but they responded (after awhile) with a travel voucher for EUR80 for lack of catering (no food at all, no drink except water).
My experience with AF on an intra-European flight of the normal meal not being loaded due to problems at the catering provider and C passengers receiving sandwiches instead of the meal (but with a normal drinks service) resulted in the purser pro-actively requesting compensation for passengers and 7500 miles reaching my account the very day of the flight, before the normal miles for the flight had even posted to my account.
I have to say that I was impressed at how swiftly and effectively this was handled.
camdentown likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:16 pm

Alaska Air has First Class and I flew it from SJC-LAX-SJC and we get 1 free checked bag, carryon, Lounge Access(not available at SJC) and a Snack Basket Run with a Double Drink or Sparkling Wine. During the Pandemic they only served water and people go for the tier points and they were offering bonus miles.

First Class on the E175s has 1x2 seating and I get the window and aisle on the A Side of the plane. There is no middle seat blocking as its 1 and 2x2. On the longer flights there are seats with footrests and its quite comfortable.

Also one can book Delta Comfort+ or Alaska's Extra legroom seats which includes alcohol as well.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
Alaska Air has First Class and I flew it from SJC-LAX-SJC and we get 1 free checked bag, carryon, Lounge Access(not available at SJC) and a Snack Basket Run with a Double Drink or Sparkling Wine. During the Pandemic they only served water and people go for the tier points and they were offering bonus miles.

First Class on the E175s has 1x2 seating and I get the window and aisle on the A Side of the plane. There is no middle seat blocking as its 1 and 2x2. On the longer flights there are seats with footrests and its quite comfortable.

Also one can book Delta Comfort+ or Alaska's Extra legroom seats which includes alcohol as well.
??? Sounds delightful but what has this got to do with BA using the middle seat in times of disruption??? We all know the premium cabin model in Europe is different to that in the US. Snack basket run.... sweet, BA serve a tray meal with a full bar service and champagne on an equivalent length sector. Do I expect that on Domestic US flights.... no, I just accept things are different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.