Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 | Current passenger flows and queue times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 | Current passenger flows and queue times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Blue
We are now boarding after all the those problems! Boarding is complete!

Last edited by RJD1983; Mar 20, 2022 at 10:48 am
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I have a flight on Saturday with a very small person in tow. Can’t avoid checking bags.

Any thoughts on best zone based of yesterday. I think my options are Club, family or self drop (if OLCI works). I think at one stage there was a Club self drop, is that still there?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Starship73
On an Iberia flight (BA ticket) that landed half an hour ago. Still no gate available at T5
Pleased to say that after we got onto an A gate we breezed through a very quiet passport control with no queues, and our checked baggage emerged almost immediately (as indicated above this was an IB-operated flight though).
SxMan and MatJarosz like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lcylocal
I have a flight on Saturday with a very small person in tow. Can’t avoid checking bags.

Any thoughts on best zone based of yesterday. I think my options are Club, family or self drop (if OLCI works). I think at one stage there was a Club self drop, is that still there?
If OLCI + BP then self drop in D (not sure status matters here)
If no BP then look at the Club queues in H and Family in E. Most of Family will be WT so I would hope Club would be faster
Offer prayers that you get an Airportr invite if you are in Greater London, may be worth considering anyway.
wrp96, SxMan and lcylocal like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
How's T3 at present compared to T5? I've booked most of my upcoming flights on AA and AY to avoid BA where possible.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by RJD1983
And looking remarkably cheerful after all that hassle! Have a good trip OP.
RJD1983 and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Reading all this makes me genuinely worried by what I am going to face when I travel on the 2nd. I am eternally grateful I am not travelling the week after when school holidays start though.

I think I'll have a back up plan as there's only one flight to San Diego a day.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Offer prayers that you get an Airportr invite if you are in Greater London, may be worth considering anyway.
Thanks. And yes agree have used Airportr before and found it very good, slightly depends on how much we can rationalise down the the small person stuff.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
T5 woes

Seems everything blamed on lack of ground crew. The 189 to EWR .. sent to B44 for departure… then bussed to C gates. Been onboard for an hour now still waiting on more passengers to be bussed … when bus crew are available !
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by RJD1983

The airline is in such a state that members have started to post when they get on or off on plane within 30-60 minutes delay. Honestly i have no idea how the airline has reached such a state. I fly to MEX next month i hope everything goes well. I will try to avoid BA in the next few months just in case
Silver Fox, T8191, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA
I landed in to T5 earlier today on a domestic, waited 10 mins for a stand then another 5 mins for someone to put the air bridge on. The plane was already running 20 minutes late so some anxious passengers onboard with tight connections, including the poor person next to me who had a text when we landed saying their connecting flight had been delayed by 24 hours until tomorrow, they had come down to Heathrow today essentially for nothing now! Luckily (for me) I was hand baggage only.

Someone I know came in yesterday afternoon to T5 and waited half an hour for a stand then an hour for bags. If it wasn't an extra hours travelling time to Gatwick for me I would be seriously considering looking at options out of there for some of my travel.

As I have mentioned in other threads this was happening to BA in 2019!
Silver Fox and becks1 like this.

Last edited by The Ginge; Mar 20, 2022 at 12:32 pm Reason: Adding more
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
As every week sees another melt down, I’ve booked Easy, Aegean, LH, QR and MS for the next 2 months travel. The convenience of BA’s network, direct flights etc is very quickly eroded by the real possibility of a shambles and guarantee of inferior food and service on board.

I feel sorry for those on routes without viable alternatives.
Just as a reference point, I took VS LHR - JFK - LHR and the ground experience outbound was flawless. We were in the Clubhouse within 5 minutes of arriving at the Upper Class Wing.

However, in the name of balance, I would politely describe the JFK T4 departure experience as suboptimal. I needed an extra dirty Martini in the Clubhouse after that.
Swanhunter, Silver Fox and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:21 pm

Arrived into LHR this morning 50 mins late on a TATL, 5 min wait for a stand , 30 mins in all threw passport control and collection of 2 checked bags, onto the HEX then onto Euston , home in 4 hours

felt like a breeze
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Any sign of Sean Doyle? I'd like to think he'd be there helping out his staff.
Didn’t Alex leave him his Legacy Hi-Vis vest?

I must admit our LHR connection, PHX-LHR-JER on Wednesday was fairly normal. TR Part 3 in my signature.
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
As every week sees another melt down, I’ve booked Easy, Aegean, LH, QR and MS for the next 2 months travel. The convenience of BA’s network, direct flights etc is very quickly eroded by the real possibility of a shambles and guarantee of inferior food and service on board.

I feel sorry for those on routes without viable alternatives.
With Qatar also at T5 anybody have any recent experience using them? I assume QR pax get stuck in security like BA pax however do they have their own checkin area? Are they impacted by the lack of ground handling staff like BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.