Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to let male cabin crew wear 'man buns' and paint their nails

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond

Hmm. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...int-nails.html

Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Many factors come into play when assessing the inflight experience, whether cabin crews nails are painted and how they wear their hair doesn't even register for me.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:27 am

Terry and June and their mock Tudor life will not compute with this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:30 am

Good, about time too. It’s 2022, policies on things like this should be non-discriminatory, end of story.

There’s also a recruitment thing of course. If they’re struggling to get enough crew, no longer having to turn away perfectly qualified people just because they have long hair will help.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is this the latest male fashion?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:34 am

Outdated standards going out the window is a good thing.

Restricting how you present yourself depending only upon your gender is very 20th century. The world has moved on. If it’s okay for a woman to do it, so should a man, and vice-versa. Gender equality has still a long way to go, but things need to cut both ways.

If someone has a problem with a man wearing long hair or a special manicure, then perhaps they should not be taking public transport in the first place.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Is this the latest male fashion?
Among many younger males, it’s not uncommon. I’m a bit older so although I had longer hair in my younger days, I can’t pull that off any more.
I have a frequent manicure when I’m in Brasil, but I don’t colour my nails. I know others who do, however, and see absolutely no reason that such a personal choice should limit their choice of employment.
wrp96, Blenheim, ringingup and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
My gut tells me this thread is going to go downhill very quickly... (also, curious why the BA forum in particular, seems to be a magnet for threads like this )

Regards
Vaclav, 86BA7, seigex and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
My gut tells me this thread is going to go downhill very quickly...
I see no logical reason to go downhill… this is a pretty simple matter
(also, curious why the BA forum in particular, seems to be a magnet for threads like this )
Ok… I think any time “Daily Mail” is the start of the thread, regardless of content, it seems like it attracts flies to an open wound.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I would have thought 'man buns' is nothing new. Never mind fashion, current trends or de&i, for years some male employees may have had their hair up in some sort of bun for religious reasons combined with food hygiene, no?
truncated and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Are female cabin crew still required to where 2" heels and change on board to lower heels?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:58 am

As we are in the Maldives right now, I read this as Male. All cabin crew flying to Male, Maldives .
Parterre likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
As we are in the Maldives right now, I read this as Male. All cabin crew flying to Male, Maldives .
That alone would be reason enough to fly BA to Male
AmaaiZeg and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Are female cabin crew still required to where 2" heels and change on board to lower heels?
No, that requirement was ditched quite some time ago however it remains an option.
bluemoon68 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
As long as the cabin crew look smart and professional I don't care how they wear their hair or nails. In this day and age I think it's reasonable to expect guidelines for dress and appearance to be gender-neutral.
IAMORGAN, trooper, bafan and 10 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.