Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How bad is BA website passenger information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum

Well, it's a lot crap, really.

I travel always with my partner. I book the flights. Sometimes online. Sometimes on the phone. Using my BA credit card.

However, every time in the last five years it's ended up with her as the main booker. I get emails with Hello OTHER HALF NAME. I've no idea why this is.

So she's the main person, first choice on the advance passenger details.

We flew to Vegas at christmas. We have new passports. All that was fine.

However, we booked DUB to SFO in May 2021, and now it's locked in her as the main passenger with her details. ON HER OLD PASSPORT. Good job she kept that and we dug it out. Updated that passport information.

But as every time, they never save or allow me to choose my details, I have to re-enter them every time. And it claims to save them (no idea why, it never offers me the option to choose that).

I go to the details where I can edit this regular flyers advance passenger information, and its got me in there twice and her in there twice. But with no display or clue as to which has old passport, and we can only edit or remove them. I'd rather not do this before the flight in case I lose the passenger information again. So in the end, we have to fly, and I have to remember to come back and edit/remove spare info, and enter correct stuff, and hope it doesn't lose the plot again. I've also kept my old passport just in case...
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep - it's odd. And actually for someone to get booking details when they didn't make the booking is even worse.

Whenever I make (and pay for) a family booking, my daughter gets most of the emails. Sometimes I get emails addressed to her, recently on a flight on which I wasn't even travelling.

I suspect there are some GDPR issues if I wanted to investigate but it doesn't really matter to me as we are all family.

We still have to re-add passport info for my son every time he travels, even though they're on his EC profile. Just flaky.
Smid and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:10 pm

It is bad, I've experienced all of the above, plus they keep changing my husbands gender.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Gosh yes, I've experienced this also a few times with my other half. She finds it quite funny!! 🤭
Ms.O likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ms.O
It is bad, I've experienced all of the above, plus they keep changing my husbands gender.
That'll be an interesting boarding denial at the gate if you didn't notice.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
I get the same problem with my wife's email being the default. I think it's because her name is alphabetically ahead of mine.
BorisBrownBear and stewardo like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I made a booking this morning. The system had lost all but the last six digits of my phone number and did not seem to have an email address for me at all (even though I had just logged in with one). It also did not pre-populate my partner's BAEC membership number. All this information was already stored in my account profile, and I have checked that it is still there. The payment page then defaulted to Afghanistan as the country of issue of my payment card and presented me with an old billing address which was updated months ago. The confirmation email went to my other half rather than me.

And let's not get started on the fact that you still can't click through to MMB from the summary of your forthcoming bookings without having to enter the booking reference again...

BA's IT really is the pits.
Smid likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by Misco60
I made a booking this morning. The system had lost all but the last six digits of my phone number and did not seem to have an email address for me at all (even though I had just logged in with one). It also did not pre-populate my partner's BAEC membership number. All this information was already stored in my account profile, and I have checked that it is still there. The payment page then defaulted to Afghanistan as the country of issue of my payment card and presented me with an old billing address which was updated months ago. The confirmation email went to my other half rather than me.

And let's not get started on the fact that you still can't click through to MMB from the summary of your forthcoming bookings without having to enter the booking reference again...

BA's IT really is the pits.
This is also one of my bugbears. Why on earth do I have to login again every 2 or 3 pages whilst navigating? Mind you Lufthansa are even worse if that's any consolation.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Back on this thread. We've returned from the US, and dropped the last leg on an ex-DUB because it was cancelled. We wanted the TPs so booked for sometime in July. It was cancelled again. So I go online to put it to new date for the flight to Dublin, and the delights of the IT system come back.

They still think we're flying to the US. So we have to enter the hotel we're staying in. Which is Ireland, in Ireland city, California, with a Vegas zip code.

However, they've got my other halfs information saved in there, so I don't have to enter everything, I go in and they've....

Lost the last three letters off her second name. It's a good job I checked that her name was right before entering...

What a shambles. I mean it's a pretty awful IT system is the database is broken at a visible level of their webpage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.