Wiki Posts
Search

DFW-LHR eqiupment change and new charges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver,AA,EI&UA
DFW-LHR equipment change and new charges

Have flown BA regularly for years on DFW-LHR-DFW usually in WT+ and always opted for the bulkhead seats.
Appreciated the Silver level perk of free seat selection for any WT+ seat at the time of booking.
Booked a trip in May and see that the 78X/9 has been replaced by a 777 and the bulkhead seats A,B,J & K now cost an additional $153 per flight. My trip this month on a 789 does not have an extra charge for bulkhead seats.
Is this new charge a temporary glitch, or a new revenue generator?
Looks like AA are still allowing selection of bulkhead seats without an extra fee on their 77E on the same route.

Last edited by Nil SeAnn; Mar 9, 2022 at 9:50 pm Reason: Spelling/grammatical error.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Might those seats be in the exit row? If so, it’s a charge for the exit row, not the bulkhead per se.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver,AA,EI&UA
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Might those seats be in the exit row? If so, its a charge for the exit row, not the bulkhead per se.
You are correct. They are indeed exit row seats on the BA 773. AA 773 PE exit row seats have no upcharge on the same route so I may have to reconsider my BA preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.