Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FTV - Avios not returned

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:46 pm

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking onto this thread with a question...

I booked 2 x EDI-MIA PE flights in January for September, and then used the online upgrade tool to upgrade to CW (120k avios and circa £250 each). Unfortunately we have had to cancel today and applied for a FTV, and have now received 2 x FTV 125 codes. What happens now to the avios and upgrade fee? Do I need to call BA or will they be refunded, or are they part of the vouchers?

many thanks
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would expect that to just be refunded in the next week or so. Not sure about the upgrade (change?) fee, but the main cash and Avios amount should be refunded in full. Formally it's 30 days. You don't need to do anything, other than if you want to make a booking in the next few days then you would need to call. The reason for the refunds are to prevent phone calls, so if you can wait, in theory the robots do the rest.
BA refund helper likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would expect that to just be refunded in the next week or so. Not sure about the upgrade (change?) fee, but the main cash and Avios amount should be refunded in full. Formally it's 30 days. You don't need to do anything, other than if you want to make a booking in the next few days then you would need to call. The reason for the refunds are to prevent phone calls, so if you can wait, in theory the robots do the rest.
Thanks CWS, I've left it 3 weeks and nothing has been credited. I have tried a couple of times to get through to BA on the Blue line but the recorded message says they can't help at this time, presumably because they are managing call volumes. Really frustrating as I need the points to rebook.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tim0409
Thanks CWS, I've left it 3 weeks and nothing has been credited. I have tried a couple of times to get through to BA on the Blue line but the recorded message says they can't help at this time, presumably because they are managing call volumes. Really frustrating as I need the points to rebook.
OK, time to try an email to:

[email protected]
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:28 am

Many thanks CWS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.