Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it still possible to purchase a replacement of the gold card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold

My last one is about to be completely broken, so, since travel has been resumed, can I replace the card? I couldnt find an option on BA site anymore and the search on here so hasnt produced results. Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, login in to your account on BA.com, click your name, under the My Executive Club Menu, expand Manage My Account, scroll down to Executive Club Items.

You can request a new card.

Cheers, stephenjc
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Yes, login in to your account on BA.com, click your name, under the My Executive Club Menu, expand Manage My Account, scroll down to Executive Club Items.

Cheers, stephenjc
Just keep in mind it's likely to take up to a couple of months to arrive.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Just keep in mind it's likely to take up to a couple of months to arrive.
I Ordered one on Feb. 27th, arrived today, was surprised when I saw the postie deliver it so soon.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
I Ordered one on Feb. 27th, arrived today, was surprised when I saw the postie deliver it so soon.
Same here. I ordered two replacement bag tags last month and they arrived in less than a week.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Glad to hear things have improved. I made Gold (first time) in November - hadn't had my card or tags through by the start of Jan, so called up the Exec Club, who ordered a new set - which arrived 5 weeks after the call. That was clearly the set they had ordered (as the letter mentioned "replacement" card), but have never yet had the original card or tags arrive (so must have gone awry in the post).
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold

Cheers, stephenjc

thank you!
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Glad to hear things have improved. I made Gold (first time) in November - hadn't had my card or tags through by the start of Jan, so called up the Exec Club, who ordered a new set - which arrived 5 weeks after the call. That was clearly the set they had ordered (as the letter mentioned "replacement" card), but have never yet had the original card or tags arrive (so must have gone awry in the post).
I thought they had stopped issuing welcome packs and cards for new status holders other then GGL, and that up to gold was on request only - so maybe that explains it.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I thought they had stopped issuing welcome packs and cards for new status holders other then GGL, and that up to gold was on request only - so maybe that explains it.
Gold is by request, no physical cards for silver or below.

Edit.
My gold card has just arrived, one week exactly after ordering.
stephenjc and camdentown like this.

Last edited by kanderson1965; Mar 10, 2022 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
It would, but I had been aware that you needed to request the card and tags and had submitted that order within a couple of days of my status changing on the website. I think it's pretty poor that they don't automatically send out a welcome back. I get they have "enhanced" away physical cards for Blue, Bronze and Silver, but come on - even their standard top-tier members (I know GGL/CCR are the "top" top-tier) still have to ask for their pack to be sent out? Come on - I mean, how else are people meant to know how clearly important and powerful I am if I don't have my Gold luggage tags hanging from my bags .
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
. (I know GGL/CCR are the "top" top-tier) still have to ask for their pack to be sent out? Come on - I mean, how else are people meant to know how clearly important and powerful I am if I don't have my Gold luggage tags hanging from my bags .
Isn't Premier the ultimate tier? So exclusive you have to be nominated to receive one?

Hope your Gold card arrives soon though and congrats on attaining that level. I do hope that you get to enjoy the rest of the benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.