FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2069881-barclaycard-avios-avios-plus-credit-cards.html)

Bar Operator Mar 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T (Post 34091596)
all good until you leave said device in the back of a taxi

Yes you make a good point, and it’s down to personal opinion as to whether the benefits of a smartphone outweigh the downsides. But we are getting off topic here so I’ll leave it at that.

britenbsas Mar 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by stevebintley (Post 34090861)
On the home page click the balance at the top of the page, then under the available credit section at the top click "view your Avios"...all details there including progress towards the bonus and upgrade voucher.

Are the spending targets towards bonus and upgrade vouchers working for everyone? I've spent well over £1k on the card so far and both counters are still showing £0

Bar Operator Mar 20, 2022 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by britenbsas (Post 34091784)
Are the spending targets towards bonus and upgrade vouchers working for everyone? I've spent well over £1k on the card so far and both counters are still showing £0

Same boat, although all of my charges are currently pending - I wonder whether that has anything to do with it.

seattle29 Mar 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by britenbsas (Post 34091784)

Mine were stuck on zero for a while but have now updated - they seem to take a while to trigger.

EDIflyer Mar 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ayrshiredude (Post 34091686)
Also how do I get the codes to use the Apple TV/Music offer? It ways they are sent when you are accepted but I haven't had anything.,

I received an email entitled "Action – activate your free Apple subscriptions" a few days before my card arrived. However when I click through I get as far as the list of services but then get 'sorry, something went wrong' :(

FlyerMesut Mar 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Hello all. First time poster here and apologies if covered already.

I'm a Barclays Premier Current Account customer. I joined up to the Barclaycard Plus last night, just wondering - It says first time Barclaycard customer for the bonus. Will having a Barclays Current Account exempt me from the bonus?

Greenpen Mar 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 34090762)
Excuse my manners, but may I very politely ask your approximate age?

You may have hit the nail on the head young man!

Justin McKanna Mar 21, 2022 5:35 am

I was able to add to Curve just this moment after having no luck last week. Still no Apple Pay but at least they seem to be addressing the issues one at a time.

bhbloke Mar 21, 2022 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Justin McKanna (Post 34093431)
I was able to add to Curve just this moment after having no luck last week. Still no Apple Pay but at least they seem to be addressing the issues one at a time.

If you front your spending via Curve, will you still be able to count this spend towards hitting the targets for vouchers, etc?

Justin McKanna Mar 21, 2022 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 34089847)
I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?

That's because you clearly do not understand Apple Pay. Your phone is likely always on and connected to the Internet. For me it almost always works. Maybe it's user error? :) (said in the spirit of humour)

EDIflyer Mar 21, 2022 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Justin McKanna (Post 34093431)

I was able to add to Curve OK but have found it a bit hit or miss as to which transactions have gone through.

Justin McKanna Mar 21, 2022 5:46 am

Originally Posted by seattle29 (Post 34090145)
Well after everything worked yesterday... today the Barclaycard app (Android) doesn't work (no card linked to your account), both contactless and Chip & Pin failed in Tesco, and failed an online transaction (card is declined). Still lots of teething problems :(

Same happened to me on Saturday - called and there was a fraud alert due to a larger purchase (only £1k which they don't send to you at the moment due to technical difficulties with the launch) they pull your access from the app. My advice is call the fraud department - they an sort and give you access to the card via the app again. DO NOT delete the app and try and reregister the card - that is a whole new level of pain.

abraxias Mar 21, 2022 5:57 am

I don’t understand Apple Pay; why would someone take out their telephone, switch it on, engage with the internet, point it at the pay machine, double click and then repeat because it never works when they can just tap the machine with their card and saunter out munching their sausage roll and dream of the 1.5 Avios?

SWITCH IT ON? The only time my phone is not on is when iOS is upgrading!

Raffles Mar 21, 2022 6:11 am

Curve works with Apple Pay, of course, so for those who really can't live without it for a few weeks ....!

billinghamn Mar 23, 2022 12:00 pm

To anyone who has experienced a delay in receiving your card in the post and therefore reduced timescales to earn your bonus, drop an email to [email protected], requesting a formal complaint be logged.

Explain when you applied, when you received your card, the official deadline date for earning your bonus (available on the app). Calculate what proportion of the month you have lost the opportunity to spend towards your bonus (for me it was 1 week).

In my email I made it clear that to resolve the complaint they needed to extend my welcome bonus target date and refund me £5 (for the proportion of the £20 monthly fee).

Within a week, I received a letter confirming refund of £5 plus a £25 goodwill gesture, all credited to my account.

BAFlyer74 Mar 24, 2022 7:34 am

One week since activating the card and I still cannot use it for any online purchases! Do I need to call Barclaycard or will it just start working after a few more days?

Unlike others, I cannot add the card to Curve. I can see a dummy transaction appear on the Barclaycard website each time I try to add the card but every time I get a message on the Curve App saying that the card verification process took too long and I have to start again - deeply frustrating! Is there something that I can do to sort this or do I just need to perevere?

Simonp27 Mar 24, 2022 7:37 am

I still can't get contactless payments to work with my card. I have to insert and use my PIN number.

BAFlyer74 Mar 24, 2022 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27 (Post 34102524)
I still can't get contactless payments to work with my card. I have to insert and use my PIN number.

that, at least, has worked for me since Day 1... I just needed to make the first transaction using my PIN number

ed_flyer Mar 24, 2022 8:39 am

Anyone got the Apple New+ offer to work?

CrazyLilBlondie Mar 24, 2022 9:23 am

When you described this process of using Apple Pay i just the picture of my 70 year old mum trying to use her mobile sprang into my mind :p. My phone is permanently in my hand like a 6th finger. Face ID means i click and switch on nothing. With a card i have to open handbag, find my purse, unzip purse, chose correct card, then find amex probably isnt accepted, dig out next card, then put it back, shut purse, and put back in handbag, then do up handbag. Apple pay on phone is much more convenient!

EDIflyer Mar 24, 2022 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ed_flyer (Post 34102684)
Anyone got the Apple New+ offer to work?

No luck here, just gives an error.

SouthWesterner Mar 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Getting really fed up with the amount of spam they send (which there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn off). Today, it's "Know how to fight fraud". That email also tells me to "Keep an eye out for the next email which will focus on how to make the most of your card." I can hardly wait...

fluffymitten Mar 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerMesut (Post 34092213)
Hello all. First time poster here and apologies if covered already.

I'm a Barclays Premier Current Account customer. I joined up to the Barclaycard Plus last night, just wondering - It says first time Barclaycard customer for the bonus. Will having a Barclays Current Account exempt me from the bonus?

If you were a holder of another Barclaycard product, within the last 6 months, then you wouldn't get the full bonus offer. Having a bank account with Barclays is entirely separate.

ed_flyer Mar 25, 2022 9:05 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer (Post 34102848)
No luck here, just gives an error.

Barclaycard call centre agent told me that some features are not available yet including this and a SMS or email would go out when it’s ready.

Simonp27 Mar 25, 2022 9:07 am

Chip and pin randomly started working now!

bmiStar Mar 25, 2022 9:50 am

Not had any issues, but I'll take the 5K

Just arrived by text.
Thanks for choosing our new Avios Plus card. We know you may have seen some issues in the first few weeks and we're very sorry about that. We'll be adding 5000 extra Avios points to your BA Executive Club account within the next 6 weeks. Thanks for bearing with us. Your Barclaycard Team

tom31 Mar 25, 2022 9:51 am

I've just had a text from Barclays apologising for issues with the card and telling me I'm getting 5000 avios. I haven't contained and the only issue I had was it taking around 10 days to be delivered, but I'll take the extra avios.

Bar Operator Mar 25, 2022 9:57 am

Originally Posted by tom31 (Post 34105959)
I've just had a text from Barclays apologising for issues with the card and telling me I'm getting 5000 avios. I haven't contained and the only issue I had was it taking around 10 days to be delivered, but I'll take the extra avios.

Same boat. 30k bonus then. Not bad. I do feel sorry for the folk that have had multiple issues.

Erwin10 Mar 25, 2022 10:19 am

Had no issues at all, apart from the Apple News link not working, card arrived quickly, and getting the 5k avios as well. They are always welcome, easy 10k avios in total.

BillyBleach Mar 27, 2022 9:10 am

Quick Question - I currently have the HSBC World Elite Mastercard

Does the Barclaycard Avios Plus card offer any lounge access?

HSBC card has LoungeKey.

Radiation Station Mar 27, 2022 9:11 am

Originally Posted by BillyBleach (Post 34111046)
Quick Question - I currently have the HSBC World Elite Mastercard

Does the Barclaycard Avios Plus card offer any lounge access?

HSBC card has LoungeKey.

No lounge access with barclaycard.

seattle29 Mar 27, 2022 9:47 am

So I've hit the £3k target for 25k Avios, but I'm guessing they won't post for a few more weeks. I want to downgrade to the free card but inside the app, under "Change to a different card" it says no options are available. I contacted Barclaycard by both phone and the chat in the app, and both agents said I can't downgrade until the account has been open for 3 months. This wasn't mentioned anywhere in the T&C (from what I can see), meaning I'll have to pay £60 in monthly fees first. One agent even advised me it would be better to close the account and then re-apply from scratch for the free card?!

EDIflyer Mar 27, 2022 11:05 am

Interesting re 3 month minimum, closing the account does sound like a better option if so but personally I'd be waiting until everything posted before making any account changes just to make sure it had all gone across!

let_BAegones_be Mar 27, 2022 11:37 am

2 vouchers in a year

Can I get 2 vouchers in one year by closing the account and reapply for the free card?

Raffles Mar 28, 2022 9:55 am

6 month gap needed.

Raffles Mar 28, 2022 9:57 am

Higher sign-up bonus now live!

For one week only, until 4th April, Head for Points (Prop: me) has an exclusive sign-up bonus on these two cards.

The free card will get you 10,000 Avios. You qualify for 5,000 immediately plus 5,000 Avios for spending £1,000 in 3 months.

The Plus card will get you 30,000 Avios. You qualify for 5,000 immediately plus 25,000 Avios for spending £3,000 in 3 months.

You need to apply via one of the links on headforpoints.com to get this deal. Thanks.

EDIflyer Mar 28, 2022 10:01 am

Thanks, Rob - I guess with Barclaycard offering the earlier adopters an extra 5k to make up for the issues experienced at the time of application everyone should be in the same boat now :tu:

IFlyPlanes Mar 28, 2022 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 34114201)
Higher sign-up bonus now live!

For one week only, until 4th April, Head for Points (Prop: me) has an exclusive sign-up bonus on these two cards.

The free card will get you 10,000 Avios. You qualify for 5,000 immediately plus 5,000 Avios for spending £1,000 in 3 months.

The Plus card will get you 30,000 Avios. You qualify for 5,000 immediately plus 25,000 Avios for spending £3,000 in 3 months.

You need to apply via one of the links on headforpoints.com to get this deal. Thanks.

Argh! Just received my free card in the mail today. Now wish I had waited a little and I could have had those extra 5,000 Avios :rolleyes:

Raffles Mar 29, 2022 12:54 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer (Post 34114211)
Thanks, Rob - I guess with Barclaycard offering the earlier adopters an extra 5k to make up for the issues experienced at the time of application everyone should be in the same boat now :tu:

That was the plan :-)

Frequentflyer99 Mar 29, 2022 2:47 am

Quick question: I just applied (through the HFP link - thanks Rob !) for Mrs FF99 and she was accepted. Evidence of income requested and supplied as part of the application process, so apparently all very smooth - BUT SEE PS BELOW !.

However, no e-mail confirmation received either confirming application submitted or initial credit limit (system seems to imply we should have had the latter). Also during the process we were given a 9 digit number which seemed to be something to do with online registration, but I can't currently see what we are supposed to do with it. Can anyone clarify that ?

Do we simply wait for the card to appear, or is there some way to register now ?

I want to apply for a supp card for myself, but it seems we can't do that until we can register the account online (it seems odd that this was not offered during the application process).

It all seems a little clunky and the absence of any sort of e-mail confirmation seems a little concerning.

As a PS, I was just closing some browser windows and found this page, which I had not previously seen:

"Sorry, we’re having some technical problems But don’t worry – we’ve got all your details so you don’t need to re-submit them. We know this can be frustrating so we really appreciate your patience. Be assured, we’re working on your request now. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible in the next few days with an update."

So in fact no idea at all what is going on !! Perhaps the Barclaycard gremlins are still hard at work :(