Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Storm Eunice (Friday 18 Feb 2022) (and Dudley Wed 16)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
And BA cancelled 9 out of 10 LHR to AMS whilst budget airline easyJet operated 10 from 12 London to AMS departures.
They really only cancelled one. 8 of them are permanent timetabled cancellations.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by hydro001
There is another storm (Franklin) and is blowing 60mph winds. Yellow warning in place until Monday so not all down to just staffing issue- though three days of storms will no doubt cause that, as well as any (weather) constraints of ramp work
Its still s@&t. The weather was workable today. They made no effort to unload flights. We came into T5. Parked at a remote stand. Had 1 member of staff pull the stairs up, no ramp staff. An operation can only hide behind bad weather so long. BA’s lack of information and understaffing isn’t weather related at all. It’s BA at its worst.
RJBP likes this.

Last edited by Tack; Feb 20, 2022 at 9:48 pm
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I had my accommodation claim for Friday evening settled overnight. The email stressed the weather aspects so I think we can assume there will be defence of the cancellation compensation.
mad_rich likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.